A Visit from the American Goldfinch

One of the things I am thankful for today is that the American Goldfinches are still visiting my feeders. They are one of the first birds that I started feeding years ago.




They are here year round in Kentucky so I have them at the feeders through all the seasons. During the winter the males lose most of their  brilliant yellow color and the coloring becomes more of a dullish gray.  



Here's a collage I made back in June, you can really see the difference in the male color during the summer months. 



Thanks for stopping in for a visit from the American Goldfinch - Judy.


Linking to:

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery


Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Sweet Inspiration Link Party @ The Boondocks Blog on Fridays 

9 comments:

  1. ...I love to see goldfinch in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, I had no idea how much color the American finch looses after the summer. Interesting but they are still beautiful. Enjoyed your pics on the warm muggy rainy day...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have birds at the feeders, but not the Goldfinches! They were here in warmer times. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have known they are the same birds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love goldfinches! Great photos of both plumage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know they lose so much color - even their beaks have changed colors!!! The header on your blog is very festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color differences in the summer and in the winter is really amazing. Beautiful bird. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete