St. Patty's Day Scape - bring on the green

It's really time to bring on the green for a St. Patty's Day "scape." Green should be all over blogland this week as we prepare for this fun day. 



We celebrate the heritage and culture of the Irish and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. 



Celebrations generally involve parades, festivals, and the wearing of green attire or shamrocks. 



My shamrock suncatcher is handmade by Linda Whitener. You can see her work at https://www.etsy.com/shop/TraceCreekBlues  Check out her shop, she does beautiful work. She also does quilting; I have known Linda for years and know you will love all of her work. 





I'm setting the peninsula with Fiestaware "Lemongrass" using square plates and Gusto bowls. This may not be your traditional kelly green that we think of for St. Patty's Day but I  just love this lemongrass color. 






Although she's not Irish, I keep my Savannah "Bird Girl" statue out year round. She looks cute holding the gomes. If you aren't familiar with "Bird Girl", she once stood in the Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah and was featured on the cover of the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil."


Here's the cover shot of the book. For her protection, Bird Girl was moved to the Telfair Museum of Art in Savannah after the book became famous. I spent a week in Savannah a number of years ago at the Savannah College of Art and Design for the art educators conference and the folks in Savannah are all about promoting the book and Bird Girl, Of course, I wanted a Bird girl Statue. BTW I'm not an art educator but my friend, JoAnn, over at Jo On Legacy Lane was at that time, so I went along and took computer classes offered that week. 


My husband and I, plus a group of old friends, visited Savannah a few years ago so he could experience Savannah. He loved the riverfront and the restaurants in the historic district. 


There are many favorite foods for St. Patrick's Day such as Corned Beef and Cabbage, Irish Stew, or Shepherd's Pie. I've made cabbage/vegetable soup for this celebration. I simply cooked the cabbage, then drained it, added vegetables, and V8 juice. Let it slow cook for a few hours and we were ready to eat. 



Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy. 

Linking to: 
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story @ Sweet Sensations

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Winter Blues Wednesday@ DIY by Design
Refresh Your Space @ Jennifer Rizzo

Cuisine Kathleen for her 8th Annual St. Patty's Day Blog Crawl on March 16
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Essence of Home 
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design Blog
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Inspiration Thursday @ In The New House
The Creative Circle @ Domestic Charm

Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista - Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays

19 comments:

  1. Love your green tablescape Judy!
    Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks so festive! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Wonderful settings and accessories for Saint Patrick's day! The soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting very good at peninsula-scaping! I like how you set this up and the centerpiece fits right in. Using the lime green colour gives your St. Paddy's décor a modern fresh look. Your cabbage soup looks yummy and would taste all the better out of those terrific bowls. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo's. Lovely table. Happy St. Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute and festive table. Love the sun catcher, and your sweet leprechauns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are ready for the day! Love the shamrock sun catcher! Another blogger mentioned that they say there are 50 shades of green in Ireland so I think your color combo works just fine! Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lime green, Judy...I don't think it matters what shade of green you use for SPD, just so it is green!
    Gorgeous sun catcher.
    Happy SPD♣

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, I know you enjoyed this pretty table, just darling. I'm loving all the green too. The sun catcher is gorgeous, I've never seen a shamrock theme. The Savannah statue is one of my favorites, I just love her.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day……..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, I was just thinking about getting a recording of this book for a long car trip I have coming up! I listened to it long ago and I would like my hubby to hear it too. Now I will think of your bird girl while listening! All greens are good for St. Pat's Day, I think, and your setting is perfect! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy, I love the color as well! The sun catcher is really beautiful and your soup looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Happy St. Patty's.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table settings are gorgeous.

    Savannah and Charleston are on my list of US cities to visit. I think I would walk around with my camera out the entire time.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was all set to prepare corned beef and cabbage last night but visiting family chose to have Mexican food. That is not going to keep me from fixing it a day late.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:04 PM

    You have such a flair for decorating! I very much appreciate your kind words and "plug" about my crafting. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy,
    Lovely tablescape for St. Patrick's Day, dear friend!
    Love all the variety of green hues blended together!
    Cute Leprechaun!
    Gorgeous floral arrangements!
    Hope your St. Patrick's day was filled with joy!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great setting for SPD, Judy, so many pretty shades of green. Thanks so much for taking part in the annual blog crawl. I read that book years ago, I should reread it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The green hues are lovely, specially the green in the dishes.
    The leprechaun is adorable and the flowers and the sun catcher, just gorgeous!
    The food looks delicious and I am getting hungry at this hour of the night.
    Happy St. Pat's my friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this festive tablescape! Especially the little leprechauns. It's the perfect space for a St. Patty's day meal. Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks great Judy! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete