Spring Scape in Orange and Aqua

I've been designing another "scape" for the peninsula in our newly remodeled kitchen. 


As I talked in an earlier post, working with a peninsula is new to me. I've been blogging since 2011 and had always done tablescapes for the round table in my kitchen or the rectangular table in my dining room. But we sold that house and moved to Kentucky. 



The kitchen in Kentucky was very dark and needed remodeling. Now we have a new and bright kitchen with a peninsula instead of my round table. Here's a pic of most of the kitchen. You will notice we are missing two of the upper cabinet doors. They had the handles on the wrong side; we hope to get them back this week or next with the issue resolved. 



I love how the orange color just pops with the aqua. 
















Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy. 

Water Poppy Plate by Maxcera
Orange Plates & Bowls: Royal Norfolk
Aqua Salad Plates: Roscher
Stemware: Home Goods 
Flatware: Laurie Gates by Hampton - Sizzle Ivory
Napkins: Pier 1
Placemats: Pier 1

Linking to: 
Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story @ Sweet Sensations

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Winter Blues Wednesday@ DIY by Design
Refresh Your Space @ Jennifer Rizzo

Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Essence of Home 
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design Blog
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Inspiration Thursday @ In The New House
The Creative Circle @ Domestic Charm

Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista - Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life 
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays





15 comments:

  1. You are getting the knack of peninsula-scaping! Looks great and love the aqua and orange colour combo. Your new kitchen is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your "tablescapes" are marvelous, Judy!

    I rid myself of our round table, and frankly still miss it. You may too for a long while.

    I *love * my black painted farmhouse table - it is solid and very well made and doesn't jiggle and sits 6 - the round one jiggled and only sat 4) but I loved the shape. I would've loved to have purchased an extra large 6 topper but that would be too wide for the space. Anyway, love what you did - those colors work perfectly together.

    GL with getting that HUGE remodel project behind you! Looks GREAT! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your island scape Judy, and your bright new kitchen. I use my island for buffets all the time and it is a challenge to photograph. I love the way you created a backdrop with the plants and pretty poppy plate, it keeps your eyes on the pretty aqua and orange place settings, beautiful!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous is that Poppy plate? I am in love with it! Beautiful island scape as always. Love the color combo you used. I've been using a lot of aqua and orange together too! Very nice. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply lovely! So fresh and it really pops against your white kitchen, which is gorgeous. Love the colors for spring……...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely tablescape at SYC! :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with orange and aqua. Your table setting is wonderful - so much attention to detail.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The orange and aqua is a gorgeous combination! I love poppies and have a small collection of dishes that I pull out when my poppies are in bloom. I bet you are loving your bright and cheery kitchen! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just great, and I do like your use of color which has such energy. The hubby and I eat at the bar almost every night and I always try to treat it the same as a table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a big fan of orange, even for flowers but I must say I had to scroll over the orange and aqua a couple of times and I really like this combination as you've displayed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty! I like the slightly modern edge of the dishes. By the way, I do like orange. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty table. I love the color combo. Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Thursday! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful color palette and the peninsula looks quite cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to see this in the link up at Celebrate Your Story link party. Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the vibrancy of your colors. Lately, I've been seeing this combination all over the place. I don't know if it's a trend or what. Just the other day I took a photo of the sunset and those same exact colors appeared on there ... that is what your spring scape reminds me of ... a beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete