Lemons Galore


My theme today is easy to guess especially since my title is Lemons Galore. When I saw the lemon placemats, i loved how bold they were and they were covered with bright yellow lemons that looked ready to jump off the placemats. I knew instantly I wanted to use them but no clue on anything else in the tablescape.
I had yellow Fiesta ware to use and just added some black salad plates plus flatware. Wow, that part was easy and getting closer to done. 
I had the glasses and just stuffed a black napkin inside for fun. I think the one on the right below looks like a black bearded Iris sticking out of the glass but that could be another post.

I bet you spied the yellow Bordallo Pinheiro pitcher already. It was a find one afternoon on a trip by Tuesday Mornings. I think I noticed it because I already had the lemon placemats.

My last task of this tablescape was the centerpiece. I knew it should involve lemons but I didn't know what to do . . . . .put them in a bowl, NO, . . . but what could I do? 

While I was at my daughter's house this week, I went to her basement and saw a possibility. It was a cupcake stand she had used at a recent baby shower. Well, could I put lemons on it just like she put cupcakes? That would be kind of whimsy and I decided to go for it. I placed it on a black dish and added a little topper made from a black bow and hot glued an artificial lemon to it. Some of the lemons are real and some artificial because of the weight they were adding to the stand. I think the real lemons make my tablescape qualify for Cuisine Kathleen's Earth themed tablescape this week. At least I hope so! 

There you have it, all done, and not a lot of work. Seems like it took more thought and planning than work.
Time to Eat: For a salad I am serve a garden salad with a Lebanese Lemon Salad Dressing. My entree will be broiled parmesan-lemon tilapia for something quick and tasty and a few lemon slices to place beside the tilapia. I'll serve Rice Pilaf as an easy side dish to go with the tilapia. Drinks include lemonade from my lemon pitcher or ice tea with fresh squeezed lemon. 


The empty yellow salad plate above will hold the old fashion lemon bread.Other recipes for lemons include lemon scones, lemon bars, lemon pie, and lemon curd.


Thanks for stopping by to see my "Lemons  Galore" tablescape.Please take time to leave a message and join my blog. Hope you can stop by again - Judy.


Placemats by Rose Tree, Happy Lemons at Tuesday Mornings
Glassware by Southern at Home (now Willow House)
Silverware by Oneida 
Dinner Plates by Fiesta - Pale Yellow
Salad Plates from Target
Salad Bowls by Fiesta - Pale Yellow
Lemon Pitcher by Bordallo Pinheiro


Linking to:


Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party 
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
The Delectable Home
Cozy Home Scenes on Monday

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tell it to me Tuesday at Creatively Living 
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Knick of Time Tuesday Vintage Style Party
Crafty Texas Girls for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday 
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
The NY Melrose Family for Whimsey Wednesday
Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Amy at Home Happy Home for Whimsy Wednesday
Mrs. Hines Class for Show and Tell Wednesday
The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Katherine at Katherine’s Corner for Favorite Things Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Becca at Home is Where My Story Begins for Home and Family Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jody and Stan @ Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays

52 comments:

  1. I love this table, Judy! Those lemon placemats are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tablescape! It is so clever - and the perfect menu as well. (YUM!)

    How CUTE, bright, whimsical and bold.

    Well done, Judy - this is a memorable dining experience, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just too cute. What a great idea for a table. Wondering which was the inspiration piece. Thank you for the great table. Love the whimsy. ~m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inspiration came from the placemats. I saw them first and knew I could come up with something to go with them.

      Delete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Tablescape is Beautiful with the black and yellow mix together !!! Judy.this was a wonderful Idea.I also love your placemats and the lemon centerpiece sweet. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow and black,it really pops.The lemon place mats are cute.Thanks for sharing.It made a great table. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, what a great tablescape! I love the lemon theme and how you pulled it all together! You made it seem so easy; but it looks fabulous!! The menu compliments it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Judy I must say you really put it together with your lemon theme. I agree with you when you say that it seems to take more thought and planning than work, when deciding on a beatiful theme tablesccape, but after it's finished it's worth it. paulachappel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER creative centerpiece!!! Isn't it great when you see something and you are inspired to use it in a TOTALLY different way than how it was intended? This is a perfect example of thinking outside the box. Adding the black bow to the top made it that much better. Oh....I DO see the bearded iris!!!! Very cool!!! :-) (Isn't it weird that they are popping up all over the place ALREADY??!?!?!! Ramon and I were out on the Spring Parade of Homes Tour today and saw bearded iris everywhere!!! GREAT houses on the tour this year, too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling, darling, darling! Those placemats were a true find and isn't yellow just the happiest color? I love the idea about the lemons in the cupcake stand. I used lemons once in a black wire double stand, but your idea is much better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful centerpiece and table. Your table is so fresh and fun. It would be a pleasure to sit among the lemons and be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the black and yellow together, and the lemons on the cupcake stand is brilliant!

    Thank You for sharing and have a blessed week!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely,your table setting is so cheery,love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness this is a cheery table! I need this at breakfaast! Haha! LOVE the pitcher!Thanks so much for letting me know you came by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. I love the centerpiece. So clever. The place mats just jump up and say hello. Wonderful table. Thanks for sharing
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, I followed you on GFC, FB and Pinterest. Linky wouldn't work.
    Look forward to visits, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my linky is working now. Let me know if it is not. Thanks.

      Delete
  16. Hi Judy,
    Your lemons drew me right in! I LOVE THEM! and your table is brilliant! I LOVE your yellow Bordallo Pinheiro pitcher. It's a perfect accent to your refreshing tablescape.
    Thank you for sharing all your goodies with us.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the yellow mixed with the black, so pretty! Thanks for linking up.
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your lemon themed tablescape it would work well in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your lemon tablescape, Judy! I planning a party that has a lemon theme. I've been painting things yellow all day today! If I had seen your lemons in the cupcake stand, I would have borrowed your idea! It's amazing that you really cannot tell the artificial lemons from the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous table setup! The colour combination is lovely! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous8:12 AM

    What a lovely table! Lemony gorgeous.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tablescape, Judy. Love the placemats and the lemon pitcher. You're so creative to use the cupcake stand for a centerpiece. Now you have me hungry for parmesan-lemon tilapia. Yum, gonna try your recipe.
    ~Babs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely lovely tablescape! The lemons just shout spring! Genius using the cupcake holder! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Judy, I love it. Fabulous tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This combo really pops -- love the colors. The placemat fabric is really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The lemons remind me of one of the Good Earth's most beautiful spots...Sorrento, Italy. God's bounty looks lovely on your table. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the sunny yellow lemons and the black together. The placemats were a good starting point for your very creative tablescape. Thanks for showing it at Your Cozy Home Party.--------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great table. I like the fun colors of yellow and black and the lemon theme! Great job and the lemon 'tree' is cute! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful with the black and yellow combo! Thanks for sharing this lemony table. Cute idea to use the cupcake stand for the lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Judy, You know, I thought I was following you but I didn't see my little icon so I fixed that and will go back to see your recent posts that I have missed! I love the lemon theme!!!! Be careful to wash the skins--lots of pesticides cling which I have just found out after doing research for Kathleen's party! My great aunts (Lebanese) made salad dressing JUST like that one you have listed, and I still do the same! Isn't it delicious? Have a great Earth Day. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a pretty and fresh table, Judy! I love the lemon theme! I have that cupcake holder and never thought to use it for anything else but cupcakes!! How inspiring! Love that pretty pitcher, too!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  32. How clever to use a cupcake stand to display your lemons! Beautiful tablescape. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Mrs. JB...
    What a clever idea of the cupcake stand. I have one exactly what you have. I might do a copycat in this few days to come.

    Lovely...

    Greetings,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great idea. Love the lemon theme!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are so clever! I love the idea of using lemons in the cupcake stand. Great color scheme. So fresh and wonderful for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Everything is so beautiful and bright. I like the lemons...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the lemon centerpiece, so creative! Thanks for linking up at Whimsy Wednesday. I always look forward to seeing what you've been up to.
    Amy@Homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have the same place mats and matching napkins from Tuesday Morning and haven't used them yet. It will be very hard not to copy your ideas since they are all so good! Your menu sounds perfect too. I love everything about lemons and cook with them all the time I even have a lemon tree in my backyard but the lemons aren't quite ready yet!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love that table..the colors are so beautiful with the lemon touch! A very classic and classy design for your tablescape!

    You really have a good eye for pulling things together!

    Pintuck Tablecloths

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, what drama, so very pretty. I am just now coming to appreciate the many moods of yellow - I have often like the soft butter tones, but now you've awakened me to drama of lemon yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Of course it qualifies, lemons are from the Good Earth! Beautiful, Judy. Love the lemon mats and how you went from there.
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish! Enjoy the weekend, make some lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a fabulous tablescape!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well done! Very vibrant and dramatic! I just love the fragrance of fresh lemons! This is a wonderful tablescape - love the use of the cupcake holder! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  44. I ♥♥♥ the bold yellow against the black...beautiful table, Judy. The lemon "tree" makes a great centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  45. as a lemonaholic, I say well done!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Awesome table scape! Love that you re-used the cupcake holder for decor. Looks great!

    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful tablescape! I love how you used the cupcake holder as decor! Looks awesome!

    Thanks for sharing!
    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely work with lemons! Lemons are a favorite of our new son-in-law, and this definitely gives me an idea for something he will enjoy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Judy,
    Love your tablescape with all the lemons. Beautiful and creative! Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  50. Charming and adorable table. I love yellow and black together! Your centerpiece is SO clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete