At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 11

They Are Back! 


I am so thankful that the Rose-breasted Grosbeak have returned to my feeders. 


The male and the female . . .



They have been eating safflower seeds like crazy. I am filling the feeder daily. They visit my area in summer and during migration. We have four males and four females at the feeders.




A sweet House Wren has been building a nest in the wren house hanging in the birch trees by our deck. He sings all day long! You can see the twig in his mouth then peeking out of his house.


This small Downy Woodpecker is a daily visitor. I had to laugh as he visited every feeder plus tried to peck our metal bird stand.



Then I noticed the reason he was at the seed feeders instead of the upside down suet feeder he usually visits.


The Brown Thrasher has returned for the summer. 



He is about 11" in size and is a rusty red bird with a long tail and heavily streaked chest and belly. Check out his bright yellow eyes. 



Sorry not a great pic of him in flight but still sharing it. I only had my iPhone with me when I saw him in my neighbor's yard. 




Thanks for stopping by for another week of At the Feeders and in the Trees - Judy. 

Linking to:

Met Monday

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Friday Photo Journal 

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon



12 comments:

  1. beautiful birds all of them in different ways. :) Great shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...with sights like this, I'd be thankful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, wonderful birds!
    We have Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at our feeders, too - I love to see them!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grosbeak is really a spectacular bird...we never see them here. And I love that brown thrasher. It's such fun to have feeders out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful to have Spring birds back at the feeders and wonderful photography of our 'feathered friends' ~ delightful ~ thanks

    Happy Day to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spotted a Rose-breasted Grosbeak about an hour ago. So glad to see them back at my feeders. Thanks for linking up today. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of all of the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to visit your bird feeder. I certainly don't see that variety of birds at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great to have such colorful visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!! Such a collection of wonderful birds today. I favor the wren peeking out of the birdhouse...but all are favorites. Does that make sense?

    Before I leave, I'd like to send along my thanks for sharing this with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!! Have a glorious week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, they are all beautiful birds. I especially love the grosbeaks and the thrasher. I was away for two weeks and I am so sorry to be late commenting and visiting your post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantabulous pictures!! We love our birds too, just yesterday we saw our first Grosbeak, hummingbird and indigo bunting for this season. Such a welcome sight! You left a comment on my Freefall quilt and it came in as a no reply blogger, so thank you for peaking at my blog!

    ReplyDelete