Blooms and Growing in the Yard - Plus A Welcomed Guest

I think we all look forward to Spring. It is always exciting to see growth in the gardens and flower beds. For me, it is a thrill when the azaleas bloom. Take a look:


We went to Disney and Seaworld for spring break with our grandsons and I was concerned that I would miss the azaleas. They were just budding when we left but when we returned, they were gorgeous. 



Also in the front beds, bearded iris are blooming.


We planted several pink and white dogwoods last spring and were happy to see them have blooms this spring.





There is a farm field across the road from our house. The field is full of these yellow blooms. I'm not exactly sure what they are but they make a beautiful picture.


I've been making some new beds around some of the big trees in our front and back yard. A friend have me ten hardy ferns that were just becoming active to plant in the beds. Now all ten are up and growing.



The Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are starting to return in our area. I was lucky enough to get a couple pics of these welcomed visitors. 





I certainly have a lot of yard work to do and the constant rain has been slowing my progress.



I am so thankful for Spring. Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery


Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Skywatch Friday
Friday Photo Journal 

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


13 comments:

  1. Judy, Your yard is beautiful. Azaleas are one of the bushes I miss most about not living in northern Ca. I also miss Dogwood, although we have Dogwood Bushes, they aren't the blooming type. I think the yellow flowers in the field might be Wild Mustard. Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your azaleas and dogwoods are beautiful and nice when you can get a photo with your house in it too. LOVE that field of yellow flowers too! We planted a fushia plant in a hanging basket today and hope it attracts the hummers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful, for spring, too. Love all these flowers...so much color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We planted a Dogwood tree a couple of years ago and it didn't do well. I am going to try another one soon. They are such beautiful trees. I am so glad spring is here and will be working in my yard in a couple of weeks....when school is out! Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!! the sweet humming bird... I also worked a lot in the garden last Sunday...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your spring because my autumn is getting a bit nippy! Your flowers are gorgeous, especially the dogwoods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so envious of all the bloom you have captured so well by your photography...just a few brave daffodils here. Aren't those azaleas a gorgeous colour. I think that is wild mustard growing so yellow in the field; it precedes the soya crop. But how pretty is that too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so thankful for spring as well. It is my favorite season! However, it can be quite unpredictable here in UT. We woke up to snow this morning. You are a bit ahead of us. My Iris are just in bud. Your Azaleas are gorgeous and I adore Dogwoods. I would like to try one, but they don't do fabulous here. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet hummer. We only had one in our yard so far, very scarce.
    Lovely blossoms....maybe the yellow is mustard? Dunno. Just a guess.

    I'm a bit late getting around to visiting and sending along my thanks for sharing with us birders this weekend....been out birding since daybreak!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard is gorgeous. We used to have Azalea bushes in our Oregon yard (in our previous life) .... I never see them here in SW Florida -- and they're mostly gone by the time we get back to Oregon. I'm glad they were at their beautiful peak bloom when you got home -- the Spring-break trip was wonderful I'm sure, but it would have been a shame to have missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello , You have a beautiful yard. Love all the pretty blooms! Great captures of the hummer. I am so sorry I am late visiting and commenting. Thanks so much for linking up ! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete