My Favorite Colors for A Spring Tablescape

Do you have favorite colors to use for a Spring tablescape?



Yes, I do love green and white for Spring, it's always so crisp, so springy. But my very, very favorite combinations of color always include . . 


You guessed it, aqua or turquoise! I am always drawn to these gorgeous colors, whether it is a soft pale aqua or a bold beautiful turquoise, it always catches my eye and draws me in. Does this happen to you when you see your favorite colors?


You might as well hit me on the head because I am taken away with this color. It takes me to a calm, peaceful and relaxing place. Life is good!


Now that you are reminded, once again, of this aqua turquoise obsession of mine, I can talk about the rest of my tablescape. 

As my guests gather to take a seat, initialed tags are circled around the centerpiece. Each can choose a tag and turn it to the seat of their choice. Now everyone is sitting exactly where they want to be. (Unless someone grabs the seat they had their mind set on.)


The centerpiece is a white pitcher filled with faux ranunculus and other flower buds waiting to bloom. The pitcher is sitting on a small white pizza plate by Fiesta ware.  


My stack of white cabbage dishes are Bordallo Pinheiro. The cabbage design makes a great spring pattern. The veins and edges of the pieces make it interesting.


My stack starts with a charger or chop plate, a dinner plate, a salad plate and a bowl. There is a small fruit bowl to the upper left of the stack. 


Green napkins, yellow flower napkin rings, and green flatware were used to accent the green and yellow in the tablecloth.


The stemware has a tint of a transparent blue and the stem is a transparent green. 



There you have it, a lovely centerpiece . . .


and a spring tablescape with my favorite colors.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have your favorite colors for a spring tablescape in mind - Judy.

Here's another tablescape of mine using the pink Bordallo at Easter. 

Linking to:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Make-It-Pretty Monday’s at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life

You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Jennifer Rizzo for FabulouslyCreative Friday

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life
Three Mango Seeds It's Party Time on Sundays
 DIY Showoff for DIY Showoff Party on Sundays

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

26 comments:

  1. very pretty. I love your dishes, such a pretty color. and beautiful centerpiece! I'm visiting from Amaze Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tablescape and centerpiece. The green and white is beautiful!! Happy a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! So pretty and fresh.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful,
    truly love all those beautiful spring colors. Lovely dishes too.
    Makes me feel like spring is on the way.......
    Love that turquoise color as well,
    but my fav is robins egg blue.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love this! Wow, tablescloth, dishes, centerpiece. photography all great.

    It really looks magazine worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, I love your dinnerware and how you layed all the pieces and your floral centerpiece is amazing. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear Judy, your table setting for Spring is gorgeous and the dishes aqre devine! Your floral centerpiece is a real beauty. Thanks for sharing hon.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your choice of "favourite colours" is terrific but its all in how you highlighted them in this gorgeous tablescape that makes them pop! You have a real knack for putting things together! Love the centerpiece, those beautiful dishes, stemware and how you've placed the napkins! So glad I stopped by!
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is just beautiful! I really like your tablecloth and how the other elements coordinate so well together! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! I love all the colors..you did a super job pulling it all together..when's dinner? ;)
    Thanks for linking up!
    Karin
    The Style Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy, you always create beautiful tablescapes, but I think this one is my favorite. The centerpiece may contain faux flowers, but they look so real! The tags are very pretty, too. And I'm wishing I had those dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete

  12. A lovely tablescape...wonderful idea with the name tags too. I love your white cabbage dinnerware. I have the bowls in various spring colors but I'd love to have a whole set of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy your talents never cease to amaze me. Another beautiful display. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful colors- absolutely spring like! The centerpiece is perfect and I really like the tablecloth. The white dishes pop off it and I love the stemware pieces. I have them too but haven't used them on a tablescape yet. You've inspired my mind on using them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty table! I LOVE your cabbage dishes; I've only seen them in green, but do love the white. I can see why aqua is a favorite color of yours. It does truly highlight everything on the table. Bravo! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gee, Judy...I am just SO shocked and SO surprised that aqua would be your favorite Springtime color!!! ;-)

    This is so pretty with the stark white dishes against the brilliant color. I love the other colors in the Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage line, but white is the prettiest because it's so unexpected!

    You did a great job on the centerpiece, and I love the idea of the initialed tags! What a great way to get people involved in picking out their own seat. That keeps YOU outta the hot seat...so to speak! :-)

    I hope you've enjoyed the weather we got yesterday and today. I was actually outside with no jacket on in a T-shirt!!! I'm waiting for the opportunity to just fling open the windows and let fresh air waft through!!!

    Have a great weekend! You should sign up and come to the PB free class on Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Judy, your spring table makes me smile. We've just had yet another deep freeze and my newly budded camellia and my iris in bloom were all nipped. I'd also just put out geraniums in some pots, and though covered they look pretty sad. I obviously wasn't patient enough. '-(
    Thanks for sharing this lovely table setting. I'd like to find a set of white cabbage leaf dinnerware. I have some in the green, but your white is so fresh and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh!! This is a pretty table!! I am so happy to see spring tables popping up. today was the first day it was over freezing in at least 10 days, I am soooo tired of piles of dirty snow! Your centerpiece is so pretty and love that stack of fabulous white dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so pretty Judy! Aqua is my favorite color and always draws me in! I love the initial tags and your beautiful white china stacks~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh...I love this so much! Shades of teal and coral are the colors that capture my eye every time...so the aqua/turquoise makes me smile. You've done such a beautiful job on the centerpiece. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy, it's so lovely and fresh! Thank you for sharing! You will e one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful!! A gorgeous color palette!! Pinning!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love everything about your table…colors…and those dishes LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice !!! I would like to invite you to come share it at Share it One More Time at One More Time Events http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2014/03/faux-ivory-mother-of-pearl-ceramic.html… Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Judy - I love your spring tables cape color choices - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete