St. Patrick's Day Treats

Have you thought about some treats for St. Patrick's Day?

I showed you a little of the shamrock cookies I made for my St. Patrick's Day tablescape here and wanted to share a little more about them today. I tried my hand at making shamrock cookies and decorating them. I can't say they turned out perfect, but hopefully, they are good enough to eat.


The cookies turned out a little larger than I anticipated. I used a sugar cookies mix then iced the cookies with green icing. I used a couple of different tips  and white icing to decorate the edges. The star tip seemed to work the best for me since I am not a cookie decorator expert. It’s pretty easy to work with.



I did plan some backup treats for my guests of chocolate cupcakes with “green” icing; if they want more than cupcakes there’s mint mousse in a chocolate cup topped with mint flavored chocolate chips and a little mint cookie on top. 



I did a little research ( from here) and found that St. Patrick is the figure most prominently associated with bringing Christianity to Ireland, St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated by the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland as a solemnity and holy day of obligation. 


I sprinkled on some green and white sprinkles to cover  up a few mistakes on the iced cookies. I think we are ready for tea or coffee and sweets now.



I have an Irish blessing to leave you with today:

May you always have...

Walls for the winds
A roof for the rain
Tea beside the fire
Laughter to cheer you
Those you love near you
And all your heart might desire.



Linking to:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Tasty Thursday at The Mandatory Mooch


Foody Friday at Rattlebridge Farm

Foody Friday at Simple Living

On The Menu Monday at StoneGable

Marvelous Monday at This Gal Cooks

11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post, Judy, and I really need walls for the wind! March has definitely come in like a lion in Georgia. The cookies look delicious and those cupcakes really look like St. Patrick's Day treats. Pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treats for St Patrick's Day! Your cups are very pretty...love the Irish blessing! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little poem! Those cookies look delicious and very celebratory! But I really love the little cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every looks very festive and the cupcakes are so sweet - darling post! I am so glad you linked to Friends Sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a beautiful post. We have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/03/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop.html
    We are also having a giveaway this week for a $50.00 Target Gift Card, so head over to enter.
    We hope to see you there.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the shamrock touches. Those cookies look yummy. Perhaps I will get busy and make some treats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy,
    What a lovely presentation for your Irish Post. I love all the nice treats, can't wait to try them. Thank you so much for sharing this special recipes with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed...star tip...I'm doing pretty well if I even remember to wear green on St. Patrick's day. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ideas for St Patricks Day are so scrummy. The cookies look great! Chel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Sugar cookies are one of my fav's. Wish I had one right now. lol! I think all of your fun green desserts look delicious. Great job on the decorating. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!

    Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great St. Patrick's Day and enjoy your new Red Plate.

    Come Back Soon!

    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete