St. Patrick's Day Tablescape


It will soon be time for the "wearing of the green!" I may not know what I am going to be wearing for the celebrated Feast of Saint Patrick but my table is set for this occasion. 

Although I am not Irish, I always enjoy the "wearing of the green" with friends and family. It's always a fun day for me and the one time a year that I cook corn beef and cabbage plus Irish potatoes.


The luck of the Irish was not with me when it came to decorating these shamrock cookies I made. I did take a cake decorating class about 30 years ago but I seem to have forgotten much of what I learned. More about those cookies here.



We all seem to enjoy Irish Blessings. I found this Irish Blessing plate last year and just had to bring it out again.





I purchased a Shamrock house plant and read they are easy to care for. 


They grow best when grown in bright light but not direct sun, relatively cool temperature and plenty of fresh air. You can see the delicate white blooms on the plant in the first picture below.

Keep the soil evenly moist when your Shamrocks are actively growing, but allow them to slowly dry out and go into dormancy when they begin to lose vigor. 


Linking to:
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 
Make-It-Pretty Monday's at The Dedicated House

Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Transformed Tuesdays at PJH Designs

Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday
DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday


Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life


18 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and this inspires me to get busy setting a St. Patrick's Day table myself! My shamrock plant looks pitiful right now, so I might need to buy a new one! Your cookies looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the green...your desserts look yummy...cutout cookies are my favorite, but I hate making them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I think your tablescape and companion accessories are all stunning. So beautiful. and the Irish Blessing plate is definitely a fabulous find. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table looks so pretty. I love all your shamrock pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy - obviously, you know what is important! Table settings are much more important, than what we wear on any occasion - lol!! Love your table. Those placemats are so pretty and the green pierced temple jar is beautiful. All of the shamrock pieces and the real shamrocks add a festive touch. The cookies and cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I wouldn't hesitate to eat one of those shamrock cookies. I've never been good at decorating cookies. Your St. Patrick's decor is so pretty. I love that sparkly hat with the sparkly Irish couple on top, and the plate with the blessing is something I am going to be looking for. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescape is flawless talent, hats-off! Hoarding ideas in here. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy, I'm loving all your green and the history of St. Patrick's Day. The shamrock looks fun to grow.

    Thanks,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sweet table setting.

    My husband is Irish, but he made me promise not to decorate for St. Patricks since I sort of went overboard for Valentine's Day and I will be putting out Easter soon.

    Today is my first visit, but I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy! You have some great St. Patty's day treasures!! I love the big green floral centerpiece!!! Here's to putting on the green!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your St. Patrick's Day table setting, Judy! Love that little lamb, too. Great shamrock mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy, I am partly Irish but don't have a thing to decorate with. I'd better get moving. Your's is all very lovely..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep shamrocks are easy to grow.. I kept mine alive for two years.. and then poop it went.. LOL. I love your table. The placemats are darling and the dishes are perfect.. Love the sweet lamb. You have some darling shamrock pieces!! I'll be using the same wine stems... gotta love that "crystal".. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Mrs. JB,

    This is so pretty settings. I love the shamrock sheep.

    I love how you put all the elemetns you have from your collections and I am enjoying visiting you to get some inspirations.


    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /CC girl @ D´Box

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious table and it is inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a nice St. Patrick's Day table! I love the shamrock plant..I need to go get one of those... I do NOT have a green thumb, so I need plants that are easy to care for. haha!

    I hope you will come post this on my first ever Link Party, the "FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA"! I have readers who I know would love this!!! It's open now through Sunday at noon ET.

    Here's the link if you'd like to post it! Sure would love to see you there!

    http://the-home-girl-blog.blogspot.com/2013/03/welcome-to-very-first-festive-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and Marlis seem to know a whole lot more about keeping shamrock alive than I ever will!!! I just glance in the general direction of those things, and they drop dead!!! I don't know if I want to put the life of yet another one in peril this year! :-) P-R-E-T-T-Y table, Judy! I like how you kept the centerpiece going. I really think people could use the same dishes over and over and over again (as I do a lot!) as long as they come up with creative centerpieces. Incorporating a lot of different elements like you've done here really makes a difference. Stay dry this weekend! I hear we're in for a real soaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! I love all your green! My shamrock from last year doesn't look so healthy this year, I hope it perks up!

    ReplyDelete