At the Feeders and In The Trees - Week 10

I had a sweet little chipping sparrow on my deck this week. He is a common yard bird but I was glad to snap a few pics of him. Love the rusty crown.



The chipping sparrow is a small gray brown sparrow with a clear gray chest, rusty crown, white eyebrows with a black eye line and two faint wing bars. The rusty crown make him easy to identify. 



I got a quick shot of a Downy Woodpecker taking off from a branch. I enjoy getting pics of the birds in flight around my feeders. 



The goldfinches are becoming more striking by the day at the feeders.




We saw a couple Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at the feeders last Saturday then another this Friday. So happy to see them begin to return. 


It is the smallest bird in the state of Kentucky. 



Thanks for stopping by for another week at the feeders and in the trees - Judy.

Met Monday

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

13 comments:

  1. Hello, the Chipping sparrow are sweet birds. I love the Goldfinches and the woodies. I am still waiting to see my FOY hummer. Lucky you!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and creative photography of the gorgeous birds ~ thanks

    Wishing you a fun weekend ~ ^_^

    ps. probably said already ~ but lived in Kentucky for awhile as young bride ~ fond memories ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures ! Love birds !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely variety of birds. Those goldfinches are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had some trouble with Cowbirds at my feeders. Yuck! I am filling my hummer feeders tomorrow. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had 3 warm days then a cold snap - soon as it warms back up I am getting out my hummer feeders.

    Guess what? The goldfinches are finally back - not in the multitude as before,but, by golly they're back.

    You must have told yours to come to Ohio from Kentucky.

    Are you ever in Columbus, Ohio area? let me know if you are - you aren't that far away - be awesome to meet up one day!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of the Sparrow! The Goldfinches look more brilliantly yellow every day. Glad your Hummingbirds are back with you again. Good photo! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, those Goldfinches are stunning.
    Take care Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful!!! Each and every one of your photos today. I kinda favor the woodpecker taking off in flight. What great timing of that capture.


    Thanks so much for linking in and sharing this with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chipping sparrow -- may be common but I don't think I have seen him at least well enough to ID....and anyway, like you I like observing all birds, they don't have to be new and different. All wonderful feeder birds -- thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet birds and I am still awaiting the Hummers...none have arrived here yet~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great captures of these pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful set of birds. Love the rusty crown, it looks like a hat :)

    ReplyDelete