Help Me Identify This Bird

Friends, I need some help identifying this bird. He was in the birch trees by my deck where my feeders are handing but he did not come to any of the feeders. He was just flitting around on the branches. He was very small (maybe 3-4 inches) but a little larger than a hummingbird. 

He was terribly hard to photograph plus I didn't have my camera with the zoom at hand. 



Thanks for your help. Remember, I live in Kentucky - Judy


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

9 comments:

  1. It looks like a warbler. There are many types so I'll let one of the experts say what kind of warbler it is! Very cute! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Northern Parula. I have no idea about North American birds so just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it is a great yard bird. I agree with Mosura, it looks like the Northern Parula. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critters. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know what kind it is.
    I think this is not in the Netherlands.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed, Judy, it is a warbler, a Northern Parula. They certainly are active and beautiful little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else. A N. Parula [pronounced pah ROO la]

    Once again...thanks for adding this blog for us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!!! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you got an ID for this pretty little bird. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to pretend like I know what I'm talking about and cheat off everyone else's comment...Northern Parula!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad our blogging friend's identified it for you. It's a beauty, one I have never seen before.

    ReplyDelete