Fall Fireplace - third times a charm


Sometimes it takes a while to get the look you are after. I've been decorating my fireplace and I have three styles I'm sharing with you today. 


For the first style, I used black candleholders and a black lantern. Then added blue jars with a candle and fall berry bushes in each plus. Two quails made by my mom years ago are on the mantel. On the hearth, a Fitz and Floyd vase with a fall arrangement, another lantern placed on a fall wreath were added on the left side. "Bird Girl" and another wreath of fall orange berries were added to the right. 


I kept this design for a few days. 



I recently showed a pic of a fall tablescape with with this fireplace design in the background. You can see more of this post here



For the second design, the black candle holders and the two black lanterns were replaced with Pottery Barn antique mercury glass pillar holders and fall candles. A different fall wreath was added to the center of the mantel but it wouldn't stay in place. I even tried to balance it in a decorative box. But I didn't trust it; I could just see it falling in the fireplace and a possible fire (the pilot light is on). 




I have tried several times to get wreaths and even clocks to hold on the mantel but two clocks have fallen and broken. You can see the clock on the mantel here. I tried Command Hooks and even layers of Velcro industrial strength with no luck. I could try a masonry bit and drill a hole in the brick but I have been leery of that.




The third design just had a few tweaks. I gave up on the wreath in design two. It just wouldn't stay on the mantel. Instead, fall berries and fall pieces that you saw in design one were added to the open lidded box. Two speckled glass pumpkins were then added to the mantel.



I'm still using the quail seen in design one but now the two are down on the hearth plus an acorn candle. 




You may prefer one design over another. What appeals to one viewer may not appeal to another. Tell me what you think. What appeals to you.

Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy.


Great parties I am linking to:



Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life on Sunday evening
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story @ Sweet Sensations

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Sizzle into Summer@ DIY by Design


Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wed. evenings 
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wed. evenings
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme


Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Inspiration Thursday @ In The New House

Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista - Saturday
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home on Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 

Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays


4 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, I was drawn to your design on mantel number two-even if you replace the wreath, I just liked the colors and in design number three felt that the window frame got lost. You have such a wonderful eye for design. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you certainly had fun playing with this mantle. All three are pretty, but I like the final result. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,
    WoW!
    Not one look, but three gorgeous designs upon your mantel, dear friend!
    I absolutely love the elegance and symmetry of the second design!
    Thank you for sharing your amazing creative talents!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three mantels are beautiful! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration! I hope that you are having a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete