Memorial Day with a red, white, and blue tablescape

Graves at Arlington on Memorial Day.JPG

On this Memorial Day weekend, we honor and remember those who died while serving in the U.S. military. The graves at Arlington National Cemetery are decorated with flags for this weekend. 










The National Cemetery at Mound City, IL, will honor the soldiers buried there with a Memorial Day Service. Below is a picture of a previous service at the cemetery. Flags will also be placed on each soldier's grave. My father is buried at this National Cemetery. This will be a tearful day for me.




In honor of these soldiers, I have a tablescape that I designed previously but have never shared. Today I am sharing this red, white and blue tablescape with you. 










I loved creating tablescapes on my round glass-topped table but I don't have room for it in our Murray, KY, home (remember, I have that big peninsula). I do have the table in the covered deck area attached to our shop. It will be a great place for eating outdoors with a roof over our heads out of the weather. He is already grilling out and we sit around the table and tell funny stories from the day or the past. 



The bread rack was decorated with red, white and blue too. My Peggy Karr Glass flag plate is such a beautiful piece then with a stack of small red plates and bowls added. I'm not using the bread rack any more either but it made a great dessert center. I may move it to the covered deck area also. 







 Each of the bowls has a star at the bottom. 





Thanks for stopping by - Judy. 

Red salad plates are Fiesta
Blue luncheon plates are by Tag
Red bowl with the star in the center are by Tag
Dessert plates are Fiesta and Tag
Red dessert bowls are by Today's Home
Dinner plates are Dollar Store
Red Goblets were a gift from my Dad
White stemware is Fostoria Heritage
Flatware is Oneida
Red centerpiece bowl from TJ Maxx
Tablecloth from TJ Maxx
Red Napkins from Tuesday Morning
Navy Blue napkins from Pier One
Placemats by Tag


Linking to the following parties:

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story @ Sweet Sensations

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Swing Into Spring@ DIY by Design
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Essence of Home on Thursday evening
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wed. evenings
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Inspiration Thursday @ In The New House
Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista - Saturday

Sundays at Home @ Love of Home on Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda

Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 

Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays




11 comments:

  1. I love the table Judy. The paisley tablecloth catches my attention!
    I marched in band in the 8th grade for Memorial Day. It was a memorable event and emotional when we entered the cemetery. I tend to forget I did that but your picture of the ceremony at the Mound City National Cemetery reminded me of it. I'm so glad communities still take time to remember and honor the soldiers that have died for our country.
    Wishing you a nice weekend and Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome table for a patriotic holiday! It's sad that you don't have room for your round table. There are days I wish I still had mine...for some reason they are much easier to do tablescapes than a rectangular one...too late, it is long gone.
    I love the table linens...and the gorgeous hydrangeas are perfect for the white part of r/w/b.
    Have a nice holiday weekend, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, love your patriotic table! The paisley cloth just sets it off! It is a special holiday to remember all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, we must never forget! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, love your red, white and blue tablescape. I love patriotic holidays and honoring all who have served in the past and those serving today. Like your dad, my dad served too, in the Navy. I have my flag flying in honor of him and my FIL. Love all the red and the stack, and the cloth is lovely and makes everything pop!
    Hope you have a wonderful MD weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! You have out done yourself. Love the table linens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table setting is beautiful - love all your patriotic pieces.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and love the patriotism!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mixture of patterns for your table. It gives me a feeling of being home just like a patchwork quilt. Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, table is lovely, perfect for the memorial Day celebration. You have so many wonderful pieces. Your plate rack looks equally charming. Memorial Day is a day to always remember and honor those who gave their lives. Thank you for sharing this lovely post at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you moved recently to Kentucky? And I thought you lived in California. I was obviously gone waaayyy too long from blog world. The single star in the center of the bowl immediately caught my attention. The setting was strong, just like so many of our daddy's who served our country so bravely, so very well. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tribute to those who fought for us. Thank you.

    I appreciate your contribution to 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete