Throwback Thursday - Aqua and Orange Tablescape

I was visiting Ann over at Corner of Plaid and Paisley today with her colorful summer tablescape using aqua and orange when it sparked a memory of me doing a post with aqua and orange a while back. Then I was visiting Pat over at Back Porch Musings with her Throwback Thursday and I decided to give Throwback Thursday a try with my aqua and orange post from 2012.

You may know that my favorite color is aqua so I always enjoy mixing other colors with it for a little fun. Here it is, back from 2012.

Take a look:



The aqua chargers came from TJ Maxx.I have used them so many times since 2012. Sometimes I have to remind myself to use other colors besides aqua. 




The large square platter also came from TJ Maxx and was the centerpiece for my tablescape. This is how orange entered the picture. I was attracted to the platter and noticed that there was a bit of light blue on the leaves and that was history.  


The platter is beautiful with its orange, red, and yellow flowers and then the small amounts of blue on the leaves. It seems hard for your eyes to leave the oranges but when you look closely, you can see the blue on the leaves. 




The dinner plates, TJ Maxx, went well with the combination with the colors or aqua, red, orange and yellow. 


The double napkins and napkin rings were from Pier One.  



Thanks for playing along with my Throwback Thursday - Judy

Linking to: 

Tablescape Thursday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday


Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict

You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern 

19 comments:

  1. How pretty these colors are together...everything is just lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think the orange colors are so refreshing! When I was a child my Mother had our Kitchen remodeled and it had bright orange and yellow flower wallpaper! It was wild, yet very smashing I say...
    Have a lovely Day!, Miss Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you went back in your archives to pull this one out and feature it again!! I would have missed seeing it all together then. The orange poppy platter made for a great statement piece to compliment those fabulous plates and bowls. thanks so much for including a link to my orange and aqua table, you are so gracious!! Keep using that aqua you love so much, it's a fun color and your table reflects that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combination! Those chargers are wonderful I can see why you use them frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and so cheerful. Two colors I would never think to put together, but paired them up wonderfully.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:09 AM

    Beautiful color combo. The orange flowered plates are gorgeous and perfect for the light aqua earthenware.
    Wanda@weekendwanderlust.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy - I was just over at Ann's admiring the turquoise and orange and had to stop here too. Obsessing over these colors! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete

  8. I have loved the color turquoise/aqua is what the newer generation calls it LOL, anyway since the 1960's

    Your table is wonderful with all the lovely TJ MAXX dishes.
    I love TJ Maxx for dishes

    Janice in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Love it...the aqua and orange are great together! Wonderful table...

    ReplyDelete
  10. As awesome and inspiring as the first time, Judy B! Well done, love it.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aqua is my favorite too Judy and it looks gorgeous with your orange accessories~ I love the square poppy plate in the center especially!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors you used....beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a happy table! What a pleasure it would be to sit down to a meal there... :-)

    Lory at Designthusiasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colors here and I've seen those plates at TJ Maxx. The other shoppers probably thought I was off my rocker the way I kept picking them up and putting them back. Sure wish I had followed my first mind and bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Judy! I love the color combination.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tablescape is stunning, Judy. I love the orange with the aqua. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors look wonderful together! Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous tablescape - love this color combination! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Judy,
    I adore the aqua and orange combination in your tablescape, dear friend!!! Aqua is such a tranquil hue and orange is the perfect pop of color!!!
    The choice of floral dinnerware is splendid!!! Love those napkin rings from Pier~One!!!
    I always adore the way your baker's rack compliments your tablescapes. The aqua canisters are exquisite accessories!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete