Peonies and A Tablescape

The peonies are blooming in our area but the heavy rains have them drooping over. I thought they would make a beautiful centerpiece for a tablescape.



What a wonderful aroma they have. When you bring them into the house it is just divine to sit at the table and enjoy their sweet smell.


Isn't this bright fuchsia color just fabulous?


My tablescape began with placemats purchased over a year ago from HomeGoods. 


All year I have wanted to use these pink and green placemats, my green handled flatware was perfect to bring out the green the in placemats.


It was the centerpiece that was bugging me. What could I use?  A walk through the yard and it was an easy decision; I must have been waiting for the peonies.


For a little change to the tablescape, I tried hummingbird plates.


The plates had pink and green, just the colors in the platemates.


Did you know cutting the peonies just before the bud open makes it easier to shake the ants off. 


The perfect time to cut the peonies is when the bud is showing color and is as soft as a marshmallow. 



When the diner party is over, the peonies can be moved to a new location for added enjoyment.


Hope you have some peonies to enjoy - Judy.

Linking to:
Inspire Me Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday 
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House

Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Wednesdays Adorned at Adorned From Above
What Is It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits at StoneGable
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage


Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper

22 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, Love your peonies...I have pink in the backyard and for the past 2 years they never bloomed. I dug them up and planted them a little higher in the ground and am so happy that this spring I have buds...I am going to follow your tip and go cut them now. I usually dump peonies in a bucket of water just after they open but still wind up getting but sometimes...lol I really liked your table also, those plates and place mats are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peonies... Oh, how I love all the "old-fashioned" flowers!!There is just so much charm to them. And that fuchsia is just gorgeous!! And may I say, I would love to browse through your cupboards just to drool over all the dishes, flatware, and glasses you have amassed? As well as your linens? I'm thinking Martha Stewart has a rival!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, what a delightful table. I am in love with your peonies. Fuchsia is fabulous! Everything is so perfect. The green and pink is so pretty and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of your Peonies - they compliment your tablescape beautifully! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have peonies like those, but mine bloomed the last of April. Maybe I can do a tablescape next year. I love the hummingbird plates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Judy for visiting my post. It is so lovely to eat on that table, very inviting. Unfortunately, your flowers don't thrive in our hot tropical conditions. So i better just enjoy looking at your displays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Your peonies are just beautiful and what a vibrant color they are too. Your entire table is gorgeous!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, your table is gorgeous! I love the addition of the hummingbird plates -- perfect with your colors and those amazing peonies. I wish we could grow those in our part of Texas. The grocery store did have some last week, and we have so enjoyed watching them open fully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy, my peonies are still tight little buds, and I can't wait until they open. I especially like the fuchsia color, too, though white and light pink are good. I always pray for no rain while they are blooming so they will last a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our Peonies are just started to bud, so it will be a bit longer in Maine. But they are so beautiful Love your table and the placemats. Everything looks so pretty. Andi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious peonies! I bought a white bouquet at Trader Joes yesterday and am so enjoying their delicious scent! Your fuchsia gems are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful table, Judy. I love that those floral placemats have a different fabric border. Are they reversable? Your peonies are gorgeous. Mine may already be finished blooming this year. Great hummingbird plates too. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablescape is so beautiful and those flowers are amazing. I can almost smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Judy, I do love your table very much. The peonies are gorgeous and you created the perfect table to showcase their beauty. The placemats are my favorite. Thank you for coming to visit me and leaving me your sweet comments.

    Have a wonderful weeekend,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your peonies are such a vibrant color - just gorgeous. Your placemats were the perfect match, along with your flatware - I love the combination. Pretty Table!!

    ReplyDelete

  16. The pink peonies looks so very pretty along with your beautiful setting.elegant arrangement...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your peonies are gorgeous..LOVE the fuchsia color, with the pink and green placemats. I like the vase you have them in. Is it vintage? Thanks for the tip on when to cut them...now, if I could only get them to grow. Have a good weekend,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous peonies, they look like they are the same as mine...I can smell them from here!
    I think your pink and green table is lovely...cute hummer dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, Judy, what a color. The rains have all but ruined ours!
    Lovely table, your new placemats are so pretty!

    Thanks so much for linking at Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just adore Peonies - they beautifully compliment your tablescape. So delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy,

    You always create the most extraordinary tablescapes - this one is absolutely GORGEOUS and perfect.

    You just really know how to design a table, gal, I love this!

    Don't you just wish peony season lasted a bit longer? We're rumored to get really really nasty driving rains and horrible winds beginning around 5pm tonight - possibly even twisters - so that will be the end of the peonies. Darn it.

    Well, at least we have our lovely pics to keep them showing, eh?

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Peonies are my favorite flowers! Your table is calling my name. I love every single element that you have chosen. Thanks for the peony tips and for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete