Hearth Room Update

Recently, I was staying with my daughter while she was recovering from surgery and had a little time to take some pictures of her hearth room update.

For months they had been wanting to start a redo in their hearth room that joins the kitchen. The project got started in January with a trip to Nell Hill's in Kansas City where Mary Carol Garrity (owner of Hell Hill's)  drew a room plan from measurements and pictures of the room. 

The chairs and fabric were selected and ordered from Nell Hills.
The beautiful flowers were a gift from friends while my daughter has been re-cooperating. They won't be sitting there long with two young boys running around. The burlap tray and accessories are also from Nell Hills.



Chair fabric

The original drawing by Mary Carroll has built in bookcases but my daughter hasn't had time to address those.


The drapery fabric is an animal toile.



Wallpaper had to be stripped and you can see it was tough going because a cute little helper thought his Mom and Dad needed assistance. So, much of the paper removal had to be done when both boys were in bed.

I know this sounds strange but before the walls were sanded or painted, my son-in-law hung the drapery rods. This was done in order to get the perfect measurement for the length of the draperies to the floor so the fabric could be ordered. 

They couldn't find the rods they wanted in silver so he purchased black ones and spray painted them silver. The Christmas tree and decor did come down before the sanding and painting began.

The project has been completed for a little while but I haven't had time to take pictures to show. They have been working on a wall of pictures so a new post will be coming to show the rest of the room.

Thanks for stopping by for this Hearth Room Update - Judy.

Linking to:

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Cozy Home Scenes for Your Cozy Home Scene Party on Monday evening

Linda at Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday



Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
Katherine at Katherine’s Corner for Favorite Things Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday








24 comments:

  1. What a wonderful space to have next to the kitchen and how lucky is your daughter to get to shop at Nell Hills!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nell Hills has been so helpful and wonderful for her to work with.

      Delete
  2. wow Judy, that looks Fabulous~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks wonderful and so cozy. I hope your daughter is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabrics! I look forward to visiting Nell Hill's someday. Love the shot of the little helper -- too cute! Hope your daughter is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inviting room!
    Great job!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy this is beautiful! Gotta love MCG and Nell Hill's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mary Carol is just a sweetie for my daughter to work with. She has been helping her throughout the house.

      Delete
  7. It is easy to see that someone has been hard at work! Beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that drapery fabric!!! It goes so well with the fabric on the chairs!!! I wish I could get my husband to deep six the television in the family room that we use as a living room since we use the living room as a library! (Catch all of that?) The fireplace should be the focal point, but if the furniture is turned that direction, it's away from the TV. Ugh! We need a furniture arrangement mediator!!! :-) This is really terrific, and I hope they are enjoying every bit of their fabulous new space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got all that Alycia about your family room and library. We all had second thoughts about the chairs not facing the tv too so we just turn them around when we are looking at tv, none of us want to crank our neck trying to see it.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:45 PM

    Judy,
    The new fabric is so nice. The color will go with everything. The drapes I love them too.
    Good choices. The hearth room looks warm and inviting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:51 PM

    Oh, what a pretty room. The chairs are so pretty flanking the fireplace and those draperies! Oh, how pretty!
    Hope your daughter is feeling better. She does have a darling looking little helper! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such pretty fabrics! I love what they are doing. Thanks for sharing and your grandson is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks wonderful so far and should be an absolute dream when the bookcases are done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous room. Love the chairs and the fabric is perfect. Mens suiting, love that for chairs. The drapery fabric is wonderful also. Beautiful room. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful room, Judy! I love that wall of windows your daughter has and the drapes are gorgeous. I love a chair in front of a fireplace. It's such a welcoming spot to sit in and read during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love those chairs! This space is so pretty. Isn't it funny how things don't always work out in the order they're "supposed" to? We left our drape rods completely off for Spring. I'm not sure what we're going to do about them later. Would you mind linking this up at Making Space Mondays?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful room! I'm such a sucker for toile fabric and the window treatments are just gorgeous. :-) We have little "helpers" at our house too so I fully appreciate having to do the work after they are in bed!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how this turned out!!! I love interior design and on my blog I put together baby nurseries and review them. I would love if you stopped on by and followed me at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking good! I love the fabric you used on the chairs :)

    Good to find your blog! :)

    I hopped on over from Katherine's corner blog hop :)

    You can visit me at onehouseonecouple

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow it looks beautiful. I love that you worked from the design too. Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop. I appreciate your bloggy friendship xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful room, I love the chairs and the fabric on them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete