Before They're Gone

I was shopping this morning and stopped to look in the fresh flower section at the supermarket. I had yellow flowers on my mind, then I saw these white tulips and noticed the price was marked down to under $3.00 a bunch. Yes, they were drooping just a little but I thought they would look perfect in a vase. Into my cart they went along with a second bunch of them for the same price. Take a look at the tulips used as the centerpiece in my tablescape.
I just love how the tulips are drooping over the vase. I did cut the bottom of the stems as soon as I got them home for better water absorption but I don't mind their bending at all. They look quite elegant bending down.
I doubled my napkins and used a green one inside the yellow one for fullness. The napkin rings are a yellow flower with a green center.

Let's add some candles and think about the food and drinks for this evening.
We will start the dinner with a glass of wine and share our stories from the week. Next we will have a light salad, then I have chosen a meal from the Barefoot Contessa's menus

This family dinner Menu is:
Parmesan Chicken 
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Foccacia Bread 
Croissant Bread Pudding for dessert

Thanks for stopping by to see my tablescape with white tulips "Before They're Gone". Please take time to leave a message and join my blog. Hope you can stop by again - Judy.

Placemats by April Cornell - Napperon at Tuesday Morning
Green napkins by April Cornell - Sharp Olive
Yellow napkins - Hemstich from TJ Maxx
Napkin rings - Pier 1
Green Water Goblets -TJ Maxx
Green Campaign glasses - Dollar Tree
Yellow Vase - Fiestaware
Yellow Dinner plates - Fiestaware
Shamrock Green Lunch Plates - Fiestaware
White Salad Plates - inexpensive stoneware
Green Salad Bowls - Dollar Tree
Flatware - Oneida


Linking to:

Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party 
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tell it to me Tuesday at Creatively Living 
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Knick of Time Tuesday Vintage Style Party
Crafty Texas Girls for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday 
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Amy at Home Happy Home for Whimsy Wednesday
Mrs. Hines Class for Show and Tell Wednesday
The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Katherine at Katherine’s Corner for Favorite Things Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 
The Brambleberry Cottage
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party Thursday

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Becca at Home is Where My Story Begins for Home and Family Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jody and Stan @ Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Friday

17 comments:

  1. What a pretty table...and the tulips are very pretty! I love tulips! Yesterday I got some pretty lavendar mums with bright green centers for $2.50...I love getting fresh flowers when I go to the market!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, the tulips make a lovely centerpiece for your pretty table! The droopy ones don't bother me at all.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Hi Judy! What a pretty table you've set and I love those beautiful tulips - God's perfect flower.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Judy you have really outdone, yourself, gal!

    THIS IS A FAB ULOUS TABLESCAPE!

    I love every single solitary thing about it, period.

    Love love love love love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Judy!!! I LOVE it when tulips bow a bit. In fact, I love them when they have popped wide open and just sort of cascade over the side of a floral vessel! They remind me of graceful ladies being presented to the Queen!!! I'm so glad you were able to rescue these sweet souls and turn them into the literal and figurative center of your beautiful table! They look so good with the other elements, and play especially well off the alternate green and white of your dishes. I also really like the foot of the floral vase. This is really nicely put together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looks beautiful! Great table setting.Wish I was having dinner with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the droopy tulips too. Did you say where the placemats were from or did I miss that? I love them and the green and yellow is such a great combination with the green and white of the flowers. My kitchen table is round and I never know where to place candles. I love how you circled the centeroiece with the tapers. I will be borrowing that idea!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy - your table is so pretty. I love the tulips and those green glasses are great! I, also, really like the napkin rings - they are perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful centerpiece. I love your tulips and I think they look wonderful. I think they look elegant hanging over like that!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!! Found you on Mrs. Hines party.

    Amber
    recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Followed over from Cowgirl Up to see the tulips - I thought sure you had wired them to curve like this. I read the list of "ingredients" for this tablescape. Love how you are able to mix inexpensive items with the "real" stuff!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tulips are gorgeous! The evening sounds perfect...starting with a glass of wine is always a sign of good time. Thanks for sharing those wonderful white tulips at Show & Tell. So glad we got to see them before they were gone...I do love them when they droop.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your white tulips are just perfect on your table setting. Beautiful!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tulips are very elegant leaning from vase. I love picking up discounted flowers, puts a smile on my face with just a little change out of my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi There! I think your table is beautiful and I like the tulips drooping down...they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The white tulips were a perfect choice. The tablescape is beautiful and your menu sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing on SImple & Sweet Fridays. Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:05 PM

    put pennies in the tulips so they do not droop. works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete