Living Room Design - Part 4 the ottoman

The last time I posted on my daughter's living room design, there was still a missing piece from Nell Hill's. Well it has arrived and here is a look at the new addition.


You may remember that I last showed you a picture of the pillow on the couch and said there was something coming using this same fabric.



The ottoman arrived before Christmas and that allowed for a little Christmas decor. The tray and reindeer also came from Nell Hill's. 



The tray was sitting in the center of the ottoman but I think it got moved a little when someone sat on it to talk.





The room had to be rearranged for the holidays to make room for the Christmas tree so I'll show you a shot of how it looked at my last post on it's design. You will notice there is no ottoman and the couch is in front of the white shutters.


Here is a shot that shows a little of the piano. My son-in-law did play a few songs for us at Christmas. I was hoping he would sing too, but maybe at another time.



If you could like to see the previous posts on this room to see how it has evolved, here are links.

Living Room Design - Part 3
Living Room Design - (Part 2)
Living Room Design -  (Part 1)

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

I am joining the following parties:

Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Kristin at My Uncommon Piece of Suburbia for Tuesday Treasures
Nick of Time Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Danette at The Shady Porch for Rock and Share Wednesday
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Michele at Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Bunny Jean for Bunny Hop Wednesday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursday
Kristen at Kristin's Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
The Artsy Girl Connection for Inspirational Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Bacon Time With the Hungry Hypo
Counting Your Blessings
Miss Mustard Seed for Furniture Feature Friday


24 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I adore Nell Hills! I get so overwhelmed when I go there it takes me three trips around to narrow down what I want. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That ottoman is awesome!! as is the entire living room.
    Thanks for sharing...
    (stopping by from BNOTP... & now I am going to stick around here & look some more.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It's a blessing that she can count with your help and expertise.
    Wishing you both a warm and sweet week,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about Nell Hills on other blogs before and it sounds like a place I could spend some serious time & money!
    The tray with the reindeer is delightful,and I really like the large lantern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pardon me, but I've just drooled all over that beautiful ottoman! It is just lovely, as is that sofa! I could live in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely my drooling moment. I guess I won't go back to Stockholm §;-)

    LOVE every details.

    Happy TTT...

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Great JoB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love Nell Hill's! The last time I was in KC my cousin and I went to all 3 stores! LOL! This is a gorgeous room!

    Have a great week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, this is such a pretty room! I love the ottoman. I am going to be working on my living room in the next few weeks; so, I enjoy getting inspiration from the blogs of others! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful ottoman. Love the fabric. The room is truly stunning. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous room! Love the tufting on the ottoman.....the fabric is beautiful too!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  12. That ottoman is stunning. The fabric is gorgeous and I just love the shape and style. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Very pretty room! The ottoman is gorgeous. You and your daughter have great taste.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous. I love Nell Hills.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks beautiful !! Great choice for fabric ... although, I'm a tad bit partial, as I have that same fabric in our master bath !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your living room is beautiful and your ottoman is gorgeous! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous ottoman! Love the fabric print!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...this is gorgeous!..thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I just found your blog on 2805's Potpourri Friday! That ottoman is outstanding! In fact, the entire room is stunning! I'm now following and looking forward to reading more of your posts! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  20. The ottoman is gorgeous, like your living room! Thanks, Jo, I appreciate you linking this beauty to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great piece! Thanks so much for sharing at our Pin'Inspiration Party. You are going to be featured this week. Hope that you pop by, share again and grab a button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEautiful~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous5:05 PM

    I love this room~ the screens really caught my eye because I am looking for something like this to do for our great room. Beautiful!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Okay, I must really love this room because it is the second time I've clicked on this picture. This time I am in love with the ottoman. It really is to die for.
    melinda

    ReplyDelete