July Blooms - Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

Growing Zone 7b USA - Murray, KY

Once again, it's time to show off my blooms here on Wiswell Road.

My daylily beds have been full of blooms, just take a look at these gorgeous blooms.




More Daylilies


I have two beds with daylilies. The first one is around a tree in our front yard. I have tried to keep all orange blooms in this bed, but I see that one yellow bloom surprised me. 


The daylilies planted in the second bed have lighter colored blooms. 


Purple Coneflowers


Also in this bed, purple coneflowers are blooming. 



Lots of gorgeous color with the coneflowers. 




Nasturtiums 

For the past several years, I have planted nasturtiums but only seem to get a few blooms with lots of stems. I'm open for suggestions to get more blooms.


Hydrangea Garden Progress

I couldn't resist buying two Annabelle hydrangeas at one of our local garden centers. The two sat on my back deck for a few days while we made some additional plans for the Hydrangea Garden. 


Before the Annabelles could be planted, I had a Little Lime Hydrangea in the Hydrangea Garden that I felt wasn't getting enough sunlight and needed to be moved to a full sun location. 

To get the Little Lime ready for the move, my husband used a shovel to carefully dig around the plant.




He moved the Little Lime to a new sunny location, and I gave it a nice drink. This area is on drip irrigation.  



On to the Annabelle plantings . . .

The Annabelles were planted in the Hydrangea Garden. 


I think we have the hydrangeas all in the correct planting spots now so mulch should be going in soon in the Hydrangea Garden. 

Thanks for stopping by to see my July blooms and thanks to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - Judy.


Linking to:

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day on the 15th of the month

MET Monday @ BNOTP

Image-in-ing Image-in-ing on Mondays


Nature Notes on Monday

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden, Stone Cottage Adventures

WW on A Tuesday @ Bethere2day

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6 pm

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode at 6 pm

Creative Muster @ Fluster Buster on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

Wordless Wednesday @ Ramblin' With AM

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Wordless Wednesday @ Comedy Plus

Thinking Out Loud Thursday @ Penney's Passion on Wednesday

Homestead Blog Hop @ Ridge Haven Homestead

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity


FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday 

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm 


Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm 

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Floral Bliss on Friday

Friday Features Link Party @ Penny's Passion

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday
Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Mosaic Monday @ South and Mind and So On - Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop @ Ridge Haven Homestead




20 comments:

  1. Judy, your daylilies are gorgeous! And the Coneflowers too! Is your garden all fenced in so deer don't eat these? I may have to resort to something like that next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, we don't have deer around our three acres. We are always surprised that we don't see any but there are a few dogs down a few houses so maybe they are keeping the deer away.

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy: We have so many of the same things blooming. Your Daylilies are beautiful! I have the same plans for the same reasons for one of my Hydrangea shrubs. Good luck with the transplant and with all your other garden projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what lovely daylilies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos - what a lovely garden!
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/07/zen-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blooms!
    Love the Purple Coneflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks fabulous, Judy. Your daylily collection is impressive and I so wish Hydrangeas weren't too thirsty for my increasingly dry climate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful. You both have a green thumb. Flowers always makes me smile. The camera loves you too.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful lilies to choose from and coneflowers and hydrangea too! I have always been a fan of Little Lime Hydrangea. I hope yours enjoys its new home! Thank you for the lovely views!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...I haven't seem nasturtiums in ages, my garndmother always had them. Enjoy a Jolly July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are delightful photos! Thank you Judy Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  11. The day lillies and the cone flowers are so colourful - glorious. Enjoy your weekend ahead. I am joining you at Thankful Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden looks amazing! Those daylilies are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous flowers, I recognize many of those blooms from my own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! Friends in TN always plant nasturtiums and they are beautiful but I tried twice and nothing came out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful garden!! So inspiring.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a wonderful green thumb and so nice that your husband likes to help. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blooms! I am in Eastern KY and cannot have Daylilies for the pesky deer! Do you have deer issues? If so how ever do you keep your blooms?

    Happy to feature you tomorrow for Thursday Favorite Things over at Follow the Yellow Brick Home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber, I am fortunate here on our property in Western KY that we do not have deer issues so my daylilies have been beautiful. I have been seeing some rabbits hopping around; I'm waiting to see if they cause any problems.

      Delete