June Blooms

 Growing Zone 7b - Murray, KY

It's time to show off my June blooms here on Wiswell Road.

Isn't this hydrangea bloom stunning!



East End of the Front Porch Bed

I'll start this post off with the blooms that I am in the most awe of this month.



You have probably heard the term "sleep, creep, leap" that is used among gardeners. Well, that is what I have experienced with my two Bloomstruck Bigleaf Endless Summer Hydrangea. 



The first year not much happened with them, then the second year I had a few blooms, and now this year, what a leap they have taken and are covered in beautiful blooms. 



Let's move on to the back yard for some more blooms.

On The Garden Wall

We have a red brick wall along part of the driveway that I named The Garden Wall. It is a great place to sit a few heavy pots that won't blow over. These pots are on drip. You can also see our shop where we house several plants over the winter in the background. 







Garden Wall Bed

On the other side of the Garden Wall is a 15-foot-long flower bed that runs along the left side of our garden wall steps. Perennials are planted in this bed. 




End of the Sidewalk Pots

At the end of the backyard sidewalk, I have several pots filled with a banana tree, and Canna Lillies with red blooms.




Another pot next to the Banana Tree is a Tropical Hibiscus and is in bloom.  I wasn't sure the Hibiscus would survive the winter in the shop, so I am happy to see it with blooms.




My husband recently moved some other pots to the end of the sidewalk that we wintered over in our shop. These pots are filled with Lantana in yellows, red, and oranges also on drip. 





Blooms on the Back Deck


Lots of beautiful blooms can be seen in the pots on our back deck. Filtered light comes through the branches of the birch trees just off the deck.




The Hydrangea Garden


In 2023, I started planning a new garden and wanted it filled with hydrangeas. This garden started off slow with three hydrangeas planted the first year. 

An Incrediball Hydrangea was planted and is now in bloom. The pic below has two views of the Incrediball. We added a little compost to it this year.



Out of the other two hydrangeas planted in this garden, only one survived and has not bloomed but I am still hopeful. If it is a big leaf hydrangea, it could still bloom this summer. 



I'm not sure of the name of this hydrangea that did return. I have it in my garden journal but can't lay my hands on the journal. What are your thoughts on which hydrangea this one could be?




This spring we have added more hydrangea to this new garden. To date, four new hydrangeas have been planted:

Vanila Strawberry Hydrangea

This hydrangea usually begins blooming in midsummer with large flower panicles that begin white, then gradually transition pink then to strawberry red in the fall. It grows 6-7' and likes sun. 



Little Lime Hydrangea
This compact dwarf shrub grows to 3-5 feet in height and width.



Flowers are forming on this panicle hydrangea and should be in full bloom in July and August. It has green and white bloom that turn pink in the fall. Hope to show you these blooms later in the summer. 



Invincibelle Wee White

This smooth hydrangea grows to approximately 2.5'. It is the first dwarf "Annabell type" hydrangea in the world.




It produces giant white mophead blooms of white flowers. It generally blooms in midsummer.






 Little Quick Fire Hydrangea



Little Quick Fire is a panicle hydrangea that can take more sun. It grows to a height of 3-5' and spreads 3-5' and is an earlier bloomer.



You can see in the pic below this garden is still in the early stages. We still need to add some mulch around the hydrangeas plus decide what we plan to use as a base in the garden. It could be mulch and a pea gravel mix on top of black garden landscaping paper.



Thanks for stopping by for my June Blooms - Judy.

Linking to:

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day on the 15th of the month

MET Monday @ BNOTP

Image-in-ing Image-in-ing on Mondays


Nature Notes on Monday

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden, Stone Cottage Adventures

WW on A Tuesday @ Bethere2day

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6 pm

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode at 6 pm

Creative Muster @ Fluster Buster on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

Wordless Wednesday @ Ramblin' With AM

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Wordless Wednesday @ Comedy Plus

Thinking Out Loud Thursday @ Penney's Passion on Wednesday

Homestead Blog Hop @ Ridge Haven Homestead

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity


FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday 

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm 


Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm 

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Floral Bliss on Friday

Friday Features Link Party @ Penny's Passion

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday
Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Mosaic Monday @ South and Mind and So On - Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop @ Ridge Haven Homestead



11 comments:

  1. Judy, your pink hydrangea is gorgeous! I'm presuming from the pink color that your soil is very alkaline (mine is too), and that you have a moister climate that mine--I have to water mine during every dry spell or they wilt fast. Your new hydrangea garden is going to be stunning in a few years. I love the 'Incrediball' hydrangea myself, and 'Little Quick Fire'-- great plants for any garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire your hydrangea collection, Judy. I gave them up when our drought was at its peak because I couldn't offer them the water they need but every year at this time I miss them. Maybe one will find its way into a large pot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Garden Wall bed, it's a perfect size. I've never tried hydrangeas. Growing up we didn't have any either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been another delightful visit to your garden. Your garden wall and benches are so inviting, as are all your wonderful planters with colorful blooms! The stars of the show are your beautiful Hydrangea with their wonderful pink and white blooms! Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know that there were so many varieties of Hydrangeas. Thanks for the bits of interesting info.
    Love the brick wall and the flowers growing beside it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hydrangea garden Judy! I finally got my first one last year (a bigleaf variety) and I think I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,
    Your hydrangeas are stunning as are all your other blooms...Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments...I hope you have a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful garden tour! You have a beautiful hydrangea collection. I have two of them which this year are doing exceptionally well. In fact all of my neighbors hydrangeas are in full bloom, and better than ever this year. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely garden. Beautyful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful blooms! I am loving all these varieties of hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete