Coneflowers, A Bee and A Butterfly

The coneflowers have taken over two of my garden flower beds this summer but I am thankful that I can enjoy the beauty of these purple coneflowers.


Not just for their beauty, but for the pollen and nectar these flowers provide for the honey bees. If you look closely, you can see a bee on the coneflower. 


The worker bees gather enough nectar to feed their entire colonies. 

Another visitor to the coneflowers is a beautiful swallowtail butterfly.


The coneflowers provide nectar for the butterflies too. 


They help spread pollen.



Bees, flowers and butterflies just go together and are an important part to our survival. 


Thanks for stopping by to see my coneflowers, bees and butterflies - Judy.

Linking to:

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday

Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace on Thursday

Friday Favorites Link Party @ Penny's Passion on Thursday

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday pm

13 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Beautiful captures of the butterfly and coneflowers. Lovely post. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I've photographed a bunch of coneflowers recently, the the bees and butterflies have cooperated. Beautiful captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simple Cornflower is simply gorgeous.
    so much detail, I love how you captured the bee and the butterfly.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coneflowers and don't see pink ones here in Florida...around me anyway. Love capturing a bee or butterfly when taken pretty flower pics! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great capture of the bee and butterfly! Don’t you just love cone flowers! I love feeling their tough top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy such fabulous photos. I love coneflowers and have some peach ones started on our new mound garden this year. The last few mild winters with freeze/thaw cycles here in Chicagoland have been hard on perrenials, but I hope to add more in Fall. Lovely post, thanks, Sandi from TFT

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so beautiful! Such pretty pics! Thanks for sharing at Charming Homes & Gardens! ~ Kristin | White Arrows Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy - fabulous, encouraging photographs. I hope everyone is making an effort to plant gardens that attract and benefit pollinators. It is essential for all of us! Enjoy your last week of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coneflower and butterfly - what a beautiful pair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're almost like a next door neighbor...just a state away. Your coneflower photos are so lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coneflowers but unfortunately, don't get to see them in my corner of the world.


    Fabulous captures btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous place for photos! I love that you just let them take over for the butterflies and bees. They are fun to watch.

    I'm so happy to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete