A Visit from the Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker

It's always exciting when I get a new visitor to my feeders and this was one of those occasions. It was such a surprise to look out and see the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at the suet feeder. 






I had to do a little reading about the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and found that the male and female sapsucker have a red forehead but the male also has a red throat. 




The red and white bold stripes along the face are pretty bold. 




He visited my suet feeder several days in a row, but seems to be gone now.










Thanks for stopping by to see the Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker - Judy.

Linking to:

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday

I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings 
MET Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Tuesday's At Our House @ Our Home Away From Home
Reader Tip Tuesday with this week's Craft & Recipe Party @ Jodie Fitz
Tutorials & Tips @ Home Stories A-Z

Inspiration Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Talk of the Town @ Kick of Time on Tuesday at 6pm

Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop @ Claire Justine

Share Your Style Link Party @ White Arrows Home 

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound




10 comments:

  1. Judy - it's like opening a gift at Christmas that is just what you wanted but still a total surprise! That's how I feel every time I see a new bird, either out and about or at the feeders. A feeling of wonderment and deep joy. So glad you had this experience, and that you shared it with all of us at Mosaic Monday! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, it certainly was a "cheap joy" to be able to capture the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

      Delete
  2. Hello, they are great yard birds. Beautiful captures of the Sapsucker. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:40 AM

    He’s quite the colorful chap, isn’t he? Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, This guy was worth the wait and at least he visited several days. It is always interesting how the markings are different. He's a handsome guy.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...he is gorgeous! It's always so exciting to see a neat woodpecker and get some good photos! One time I posted a yellow bellied sapsucker and a couple of people said they didn't know they were real....thought they were something funny to call someone! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, my husband said they used to call each other "you yellow-belly sapsucker" when they were kids.

      Delete
  6. I have also woodpeckers in my garden, but maybe not this. A beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bird. Beautiful mosaic. Have a good week

    Much⚘love

    ReplyDelete

  8. My friend convinced me and i had no choice than to follow my friend advice,because i never dreamed of loosing my lovely Husband. And i contacted_________Robinson.buckler@ { yahoo }. com, and i discussed with him all my problems and worries and so surprisingly,he told me that I’ll get my husband back a day after. I didn’t believed Him, until when i got home,the next day,my husband called me to inform me that he is coming back home…..So Amazing!! That’s how i got my back through spell casting and our relationship was stronger than ever. One of the price i was asked to pay was to tell it to the people around me that problems like this,can always be solved by Robinson Buckler So! my advice to you out there is to visit this same E-mail address,and tell him your problems too,if you are in any condition related to love issue or getting your ex back or and problem at all, pls Contact him and have a happy life.

    ReplyDelete