A Visit from the Indigo Bunting

The Indigo Bunting has only visited my feeders a couple of times and this was one of those lucky times.




They are such a pretty bird with their vibrant blue color and scattered dark markings on their wings and tail.



The bunting is really a black bird with no blue pigment in its feathers. The sunlight is refracted within the structure of the the bunting's feathers, making them appear blue. We only see them when the temps get warmer in our area.


Thanks for stopping by to see the Indigo Bunting - Judy.


Linking to:

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday

I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings 
Creative Mondays @ Claire Justine
MET Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Inspiration Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Talk of the Town @ Kick of Time on Wednesday
Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop @ Claire Justine

Share Your Style Link Party @ White Arrows Home 

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate & Decorate on Monday
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sunday



16 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of these here but I would love to. Isn't he beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so thrilled to have him visit my feeders.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful. Saw our first ones when we had our RV parked in Port Arkansas Texas...opened the shades one morning to see our whole “yard “” full of them ... I was so excited I screamed. Bill came running out of the bedroom to see what was wrong. (We usually don’t talk until after coffee). I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! He is gorgeous! I would love to try to paint him with my watercolors! I wonder if I could get that beautiful shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is gorgeous. Let me know how the watercolor works out.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful blue bird! Really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blue bird! i've only seen them occasionally and it always a treat when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy - I suppose we shouldn't be biased, but there is something that makes the heart skip when you see a colorful bird such as this. I feel sorry sometimes for the sparrow with his brown feathers - somehow we don't get nearly as excited!!! Nice shots, and congrats on having this unique fellow visit your yard! I appreciate you sharing your bunting with Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful little bird the indigo bunting is. Thank you for sharing with us. We don't have anything like that here on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so pretty . . . We don't have them here. We do have gold finch and enjoy watching them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had these at my feeders only once in the past few years. They are just beautiful. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I love these beautiful birds. Their blue color is gorgeous. Lovely photos. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a bright, colorful little creature! Great captures@

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky for you to have this little Bunting visiting your garden. It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

  14. My friend convinced me and i had no choice than to follow my friend advice,because i never dreamed of loosing my lovely Husband. And i contacted_________Robinson.buckler@ { yahoo }. com, and i discussed with him all my problems and worries and so surprisingly,he told me that I’ll get my husband back a day after. I didn’t believed Him, until when i got home,the next day,my husband called me to inform me that he is coming back home…..So Amazing!! That’s how i got my back through spell casting and our relationship was stronger than ever. One of the price i was asked to pay was to tell it to the people around me that problems like this,can always be solved by Robinson Buckler So! my advice to you out there is to visit this same E-mail address,and tell him your problems too,if you are in any condition related to love issue or getting your ex back or and problem at all, pls Contact him and have a happy life.

    ReplyDelete