Could this be a Female Warbler

This darling small bird has been visiting my feeders since about December but I didn't really know what bird it was.




I have been on a quest to identify this olive-green bird with a small thin dark beak. 




I thought it might be a warbler but warblers should be in my area of  Western Kentucky this time of year.





I thought it might be a Ruby-Crowned Kinglet but it doesn't have the pronounced white eye ring of the kinglet. 



If it is a warbler, I can't figure out why it is here in Western Kentucky this time of year. I am so thankful for this little bird continuing to visit my feeders.

I am hoping one of my birding experts can help me out - Judy.

 

Update: Thanks to Kenneth Cole Schneider over at Rosyfinch Ramblings, I have a positive ID on the warbler in this post. Kenneth says it is a Orange-Crowned Warbler. Check out his comment below. Thank goodness there are experts like him!!

Linking to:

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Photo Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

19 comments:

  1. It is a BEAUTIFUL Orange-crowned Warbler! Its overall olive color with yellow under the tail, and distinctive split eye ring are characteristic of the species. Many can be duller gray, but this is a nice colorful specimen. I find they like to forage closer to the ground in shrubs and weeds. Here in south Florida they seem to like to forage on the newly opening buds of the Red Maples, probably attracted to insects visiting the tiny flowers. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Warbler! I am no help IDing Warblers; they all look too much alike. I saw a similar bird at my feeders in December, but it had more white streaks in wings and tail than yours does. I saw it only once, so I think it was a migrant just passing through. I was hoping to ID it before posting it on my blog, but I may have to do as you did - post the photo and ask for help!
    Hope you are having a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of a darling little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little bird. And great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Judy! Your Warbler photos are gorgeous. Congrats on your sighting of the Orange-crowned Warbler, it is a beauty! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of the Warbler ~ everyone is excellent and what a beautiful feathered friend ~

    Happy week ahead to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great photos and I am so happy this bird is a visitor with you lately. How awesome of Kenneth to ID it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What a pretty bird. I'm glad it was identified for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping you would get an ID! Wow! I've never seen one of these. We have a lot of different Warblers here in Florida so it's fun to id them. How neat! Wonderful photos too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that Kenneth was able to identify it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a terrible time identifying birds. You got some good help. Beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous captures Judy of a sweet bird.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Judy!:) Oh what a sweet looking little bird. :) I knew it was a Warbler, but there are so many, that only the well initiated birders would know the ID. Thank goodness for birders like Kenneth. I also needed help this week, with ID's on my post. The Orange-crowned Warbler is very pretty indeed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and little!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos of your bird. Love your header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty little critter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Orange-crowned Warbler for sure.

    ReplyDelete