At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 5

I have enjoyed all the birds at the feeders and in the trees this week. 



They are all so fun to watch. A great bushy crest and large black eyes for the tufted titmouse make identification easy.  


This little gray bird grabs a seed and hurries to a small branch to crack it.



Female and male finches . . .





The Downy Woodpecker has been the last one to leave the feeders each day this week.



The Downy has beautiful tail color patterns.


Ready for flight.



The Norther Cardinal has a striking silhouette. 





If you look closely, you can see the tiny black eyes of the Carolina Chickadee.


He is such a cutie!


I got lucky and caught him ready to take off.


I've been seeing a few American Robins in my yard. You can't miss the warm orange underparts and the dark heads. 


This week's male Northern cardinal images . . .



Thanks for stopping by for a visit - Judy.


Linking to:

Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life on Sunday evening


The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern on Tuesday evening
Photographing New Zealand

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday evening
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening



Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon


26 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Judy - you REALLY captured some gorgeous bird images, holy smokes they're pretty!

    You got me with the chickadee, though- they are so stinkin adorable!

    Love your birdies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Judy! Wonderful collection of birds and photos. The chickadees are one of my favorites. Love the sweet Titmouse too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing loved thos so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little Downy woodpecker sure is sweet! Wonderful photos...so much detail in every one! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just wonderful photos of the birds you have visiting! The cardinal is my favourite - such a handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely magnificent feathered friends photography and presentation ~ hard to pick a favorite ~

    Wishing you a Fun Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, I’m fortunate to find your excellent blog thanks to the kind comment you left on mine. Wow, I love these bird photos! Wonderful closeups! Thank you for sharing! I’ll be back for more! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birds are very sweet! You have captured such great moments of them.It is hard to choose the best one, but the second photo is my favorite! Thank you for sharing!
    Have a good new week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful series of images of all the different species of birds.
    Photographed everything perfect and perfectly sharp.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great series of birds! The Downy woodpecker is a interesting and beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh....oh my!! Such a wonderful array of beauties. Each and every one. Yes, I do see the eyes of the chickadee. Your photos are exceptionally sharp and defined. Well done. If someone asked me my favorite, it'd have to be the titmouse portrait. Wow.


    I also want to convey my thanks to you for sharing this with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin'....it's always much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic bird photos!
    I love them all, but my favorite is the female Cardinal is the golden sunlight
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful action at the feeders. That is one thing I especially miss here in south Florida where we cannot put out seed feeders because of all the competition from exotic birds, especially the Muscovy Ducks for which feeding is prohibited.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an amazing collection of bird life visiting your garden this week, your images are stunning and I love all of your mosaics. The Downy woodpecker is so sweet, I've never seen one of those before, and thank you for some extra shots of my favourite, the Northern Cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are all so wonderful! I love seeing all of these beautiful birds. I have seen a few robins too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful these creatures are! And your shots are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the usual lovely little garden suspects this time of year, all so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i see all of these birds at my feeders as well!! your captures are magnificent - really beautiful. the cardinals are always last to leave the feeders at night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Wow! These captures of sweet birds are amazing. So clear and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your birds are just beautiful! I am so jealous.Amazing pictures.
    I've never seen a Downy woodpecker.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A simply marvelous collection of bird images. What a variety you have coming to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have magical feeders -- that is the best variety of birds -- and in your own backyard just amazing! Love the flight shot, but every picture is perfect. Really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Top notch photos of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous10:50 PM

    We have many of these in our backyard (Virginia) too! Haven't seen much of the Tufted Titmouse this winter, or Nuthatches. Nice shots. And I LOVE your pretty header.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Très jolie série ;-)
    Céline & Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  26. Judy, You got some great shots of the birds. I love the chickadee the best and cardinals are a close second. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete