Early St. Patty's Day Tablescape with Bordallo Pinheiro

With St. Patty's Day coming up in March, the green is coming out. I know so many of us have Bordallo Pinheiro green cabbage dishes but I just love them and felt it was the perfect time to use them on my table.

We have been going through a move to Kentucky and a kitchen remodel. At this house I have a peninsula and want to learn the best way to feature some of my tablescape on it. So this is my first attempt to design a tablescape on the peninsula. Wonder if there is a term for a tablescape on a peninsula? Peninsulascape? Any body know, please enlighten me!!

Between April Cornell and the BP, the place setting was easy to create. I always enjoy using April's placemats, tablecloths or napkins. Such pretty designs and beautiful colors and not too pricey.


I thought I had the matching napkins for this placemat but I wasn't able to put my hands on them; I brought out yellow napkins to mimic the brighter yellow in the placemats. The yellow and green in the placemat were such warm colors, I used the gold silverware. 



I started placing two of the placemats along the peninsula. The green goblets are $tree, I know thousands of us have these and they work so well with our tables. 


Then a third placemat and setting was added. Plus I tried moving the napkins to the goblet.


Don't think I like the napkin in the goblet. But now the dilemma began, where to put the centerpiece. I planned to use a Bardallo pitcher filled with flowers and a BP platter. When I was just using one placemat, I thought the centerpiece with two pieces was enough.




As more placemats and place settings were added, it got harder. My centerpiece seemed too small. I added a head of fresh cabbage to the centerpiece grouping to make it larger. 




I like the centerpiece sitting with one placemat but I didn't like it at the end of the three place settings. 



I moved the three piece centerpiece to the center of the three placemats. Plus I added a towel on a towel rack at the end to add a little something extra. 


The towel was embroidered by my friend JoAnn over at Jo on Legacy Lane. She is working on getting her blog up and going after being away from it for a while. She makes beautiful quilts so I believe she is going to feature some of those. I am encouraging her to get it going, she has such talent and an eye for decorating. 


I can see that I have some improvements to make with planning my centerpieces to use on the peninsula. I think I need more pieces for the centerpiece to use along the placemats. What do you think, give me some advice?



Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy.

PS - Don't forget to give me some much needed advice for tablescaping on a peninsula. Thanks.

Linking to: 

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavendar Cottage
Show and Share @ Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Winter Blues Wednesday@ DIY by Design
Refresh Your Space @ Jennifer Rizzo

Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
What Is It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Share Your Style Link Party @ The Essence of Home 
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday @ Katherine's Corner
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 

Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design & Life
The Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore Drive - Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Sundays at Home @ Love of Home
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home 
Sunny Simple Sunday @ Sunny Simple Life 
Table It Monday @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays
DIY Sunday Showcase @ The Interior Frugalista










9 comments:

  1. I always wish I had some of those "cabbage" dishes at this time of year...love them for St. Pat's. Great job designing your peninsula-scape! I've never had to do one of those so not sure about the centerpiece either. What you did looks good (love those pieces)but was wondering if gathering the items in a rectangular tray or even just putting them on top of a tea towel/runner/placemat might make them feel more "grouped" and cohesive with the place settings. Looking forward to seeing more of your creativity on the peninsula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no advise on doing peninsular tablescapes...but can tell you that your first one came out great, Judy.
    I think you already know how much I like the BP cabbage dishes seeing I own almost 400 of them!
    You have to save one of your St Pat tables for Cuisine Kathleen's annual blog crawl on the 16th of March!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed going through the thought process with you! I like your peninsulascape! Those cabbage dishes are the best.
    I find a tray can unify things. Perhaps if there's no room for a tray in the center you could place the tray to the left and it would set it up things just as nicely as centering it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Judy, Love your settings; I saw some cabbage plates/bowls at Pier One on Tuesday and almost bought some. I do have my St.Patty's Day decorations out already-mainly Beleek from Ireland that I got last summer. It was too expensive to buy any plates, but got some small pieces. When you are Irish, it's never to soon to put out the green. Love all that you shared.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, love your cabbage plates, the green and while always pops, really pretty. Love the platter and it makes your centerpiece look great anywhere. I didn't realize you wee moving, hope it's an easy one.
    Thanks for reminding me I need to get ready for St. Patrick's Day……..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always admired those cabbage plates. You've set a lovely 'peninsula-scape.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no experience with peninsulas so can't offer any advice there.
    But I do like the green and yellow color scheme, and the flowers are very pretty!
    Lea
    On second thought, what about something low and long? Perhaps just the flowers, cut short and floated in a series of tiny bowls. Set them on top of a ribbon that runs the whole length of your peninsula.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your cabbage pieces Judy, perfect for St. Pat's!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your post! Your name for your "scape" was genius. I laughed out loud at the cleverness and creativity. The name is perfect! Your plate stack is wonderful and so very lovely. I also love love the cabbage dishes. Your centerpiece is perfect. I debate about centerpieces as well. Sometimes but not always I think I need something to anchor it so maybe a runner or scarf if practical. Yours is gorgeous as it is.

    Thank you so very much for commenting on my blog. I loved yours. I will love to see more. Valerie

    ReplyDelete