Throw Back Thursday - Relaxing On The Porch and A Bite of Chocolate

Around this time last year, I found myself running in circles and in much need of time to relax. The back porch became my refuge.



My Dad (age 91 at the time) was ill and nearly died from a bleeding ulcer. I was traveling back-and-forth from Kansas City to Illinois and found myself exhausted and stressed.



The porch was the perfect place for me to regroup. My husband and brother were there to help with Dad and I needed to help with my grandkids in Kansas City.



The yard and the flowers gave me a new sense of well-being.




For me, chocolate always helps.









I am happy to report that Dad is doing well this year at 92. After just spending three weeks with him, he still enjoys playing cards and has a great sense of humor.




Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner

4 comments:

  1. Wow Judy, your dad looks wonderful this summer, for which I am happy for him and the family.
    I love your porch, it is pretty and so relaxing, I'm sure you find great pleasure to spend time there. Have a great rest of the week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! What a difference a year makes! Your dad looks fabulous- my mom just turned 92 on the 2nd! Loving the pretty tablecloth, stemware and chocolate! My gardens give me peace of mind- something to focus on and get the mind on something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve a respite after all the stress of taking care of family. Your garden is the perfect place to do that. What a lovely tablecloth! I like the combination of green with the purples. Very healing! And, yes, the chocolate helps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I'm catching up on my blog reading this morning. So glad to hear that your dad is doing well! He looks wonderful. The porch is such a pretty retreat. I love the color! I'm afraid of what my plants are going to look like on the back porch, when I return home. So, I'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete