A Mexican Fiesta Party




I'm planning an end of summer Mexican Fiesta Party for a few friends. I've got the table ready and working on the food. 







My party idea started with this tamale dish that my SIL ordered at a small restaurant while we were in Custer, WY. It reminded me of back-in-the-day when our young adult church class would make and sell tamales. I am hoping I can bring back those tamale-making skills from the past for my party.



My table in set in the festive colors of red, yellow, and blues. Great colors for a Mexican Fiesta. 



The dishes are a mix with aqua goblets from Michael's (last year), aqua chargers from TJMaxx , yellow plates and bowls from $store, the napkins and napkin rings are from Pier 1, new this year.


The centerpiece and large square plate on the breadrack are pieces from Southern Living at Home umpteen years ago. I can't believe they haven't gotten broken in my moves.



The napkins and napkin rings were the perfect colors for the table. I didn't go in Pier 1 with them in mind but sure glad I found them. I just love the dragon fly napkin rings.


We could start with a few chips and pico de galllo or salsa.



A salad loaded with protein is next. To the crisp romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, guacamole, pico de gallo, avocado ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, reduced-fat sour cream, Latin rice and slow-simmered black beans are added.



These Sombrero cookies from Big Fat Cook.com could be a hit and look fairly easy to make. 



I found there are lots of ideas and recipes on Pinterest boards. You can check them out for great ideas.




Thanks for stopping by for a little Fiesta - Judy.


Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Make-It-Pretty Monday’s at The Dedicated House
Mosaic Monday @ Lavender Cottage

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House

WowUs Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Tablescape Thursday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life
Three Mango Seeds It's Party Time on Sundays

 DIY Showoff for DIY Showoff Party on Sundays






12 comments:

  1. Ole! Very festive! I love your red ceramic pieces and the cookies are so cute! I made some for a fiesta last summer but mine pale in comparison~I hope you have a great time!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table! All those brilliant colors and those tamales look so good I bet I could eat at least 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks so festive and fun, you menu yummy and those Sombrero cookies are adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful table! Love the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I accept your invitation to be there! :-) :-) :-)

    This is great, Judy! I really like the mix of color all over the table! That's part of what the culture is about...lots and lots of happy, vibrant color!!! The dragonfly napkin rings are a really nice touch, too. That Pier 1...always taking our money! :-)

    The restaurant tamale looks good. I've never been able to do tamales. Too much work! I just have to rely on the good-heartedness of others who have the patience that I lack. (hint, hint!) Meanwhile, however, I could definitely do the salad. That reminds me of what I sometimes order at Chipotle! And the sombrero hats are just too cute! Again...to much work for me, but if "somebody" wanted to make them and then invite me over......! :-)

    I hope all is going well with you in these final days of summer. Actually, we have more than a month of summer left, I guess. And it sure will feel like it this weekend!!!

    Take care, and que tenga buen fiesta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:36 AM

    Looks wonderful...love all the bright colors and the food looks great also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Chihuahua! What a lovely festive table. The colors are vibrant with their Fiesta flair. I love the reds, golds, and blues - very attractive together. The cookies look wonderful. I made sure to pin them right away. You have some wonderful ideas here that I may be borrowing soon. I hope to have a birthday fiesta in September for two of my sons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Wished I was there too! The colors were great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is a fantastic table! Very festive! Lots of ideas for setting a Mexican table.......I live in Texas! I want to set one too!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeously festive table! I'm thinking Mexican food would be great soon! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just crazy about these colors! I kept singing that song in my head as I scrolled through that goes, "hot hot hot". (OK, actually I was just singing the hot, hot, hot part because I don't know the rest. It'll probably be stuck like an ear worm in my head all day if I don't just google it and sing the whole thing.

    I'd say that is a pretty good accomplishment for your table if it inspires an ear worm. LOL

    Really,it's festive and lovely, and I would love to make some of those hat cookies, too.

    Going to pin them!

    ReplyDelete