New Ottoman Cover in the Living Room

It's time for a change in the living room. The ottoman needed a new dress for winter. 





We are excited about her new look for the season. 


A new cover was made to slip right over the ottoman and give a fresh new look. Here's the fabric from Nell Hill's in Kansas City.


My daughter wasn't unhappy with the look of the ottoman before but felt it wasn't working for the Fall and Winter holidays. You know how she loves those Pottery Barn pillows and changing them for every season.

Here's how the ottoman looked last winter. The ottoman and pillow were made from match fabrics from Nell Hill's and looked great together but she wanted a new look for different occasions. 



So new fabric and new pillows for winter. The center pillow on the couch is PB with a winter berry wreath design. 





The new cover can easily be removed and back to the spring look when the time comes - Judy

Linking to:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Make-It-Pretty Monday’s at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
MetamorphosisMonday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Monday Funday at Creative Living
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life
Project Inspire @ An Extraordinary Day
Every Room in the House @ A Joyful Cottage

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday
Chic by You Wednesday at Chic by Tab


Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday
Anything Goes Linky @ Bacon Time

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Jennifer Rizzo for FabulouslyCreative Friday


Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life
Three Mango Seeds It's Party Time on Sundays

 DIY Showoff for DIY Showoff Party on Sundays



28 comments:

  1. What a delightful transformation. It's always fun to change things up a bit. You certainly have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have desired to write something similar to this on my webpage which has given me an idea. Keep working, good post! This was the info I needed to know.
    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, the before was so lovely but the new cover transformes the room and give it a beautiful new look. I love slip covers, they are so easy to work with. I change my look easily using seasonal pillows. Great fabric too......

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love the neutral colors. I would love for you to share at our weekly Friday linky at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I don't understand it!!! I'm not getting the email alerts that I used to get when you post. I went back over to "Subscribe by Email" to re-subscribe, but it says I'm already a subscriber! Stupid Google or stupid something...I don't know. I just don't even know. I'm going to push that Bloglovin' button, too, even though I never really check that thing. So maddening!!!

    OK...I'm done ranting now! :-) Big time beautiful! I love the idea of putting a little dress on the ottoman. We have a couple of those big ones like that here - one in the living room and one in my dressing room - and that seems like it would help give me some less expensive options. I don't know how to sew, of course, so I'm at my niece's mercy. I really love this idea. It makes good sense. I guess it might even make sense for me to have 2 or 3 different ones made. Hmmmmmmmmm.......

    Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to check out your Valentine's Day post now. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. H Judy, the slip for the ottoman is beautiful! I love how you can see the legs especially! The material is very pretty. Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new cover and such a pretty fabric. Looks wonderful. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ability to change up furniture with a slip-cover has me wanting an ottoman like your daughter's! How wonderful to be able to "dress your furniture" for the seasons! The new colour does look nice and neutral for the fall/winter seasons and the perfect background for whatever pillows and accessories you want to use. Thanks for sharing!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new slipcover is gorgeous!!! I like that she can change things up whenever the mood strikes :o) Beautiful living room!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! The shape and the fabric on your ottoman are great. Love your pillows on the couch too.

    We got one of those PB monogrammed pillows this winter. It's so pretty and is bigger than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great solution! And you can't beat Nell Hill's for decor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That beautiful cover gives you even more options….great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the new cover! It is so much fun to give a piece of furniture a new lease on life just by simply covering it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful transformation! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy,
    The new ottoman cover is gorgeous. So pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new ottoman slipcover-so chic! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow (formerly Stuff and Nonsense)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful transformation! I'm loving the new chic look.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Judy. Thank you for linking up your lovely ottoman cover at Every Room In The House. And for leaving your very nice comment and becoming a follower. I'm so glad you introduced yourself so I could come visit your blog and follow you, too. I love your header photo, by the way. Very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Judy,
    Like, Alycia. . .I haven't gotten a notice in My Blogs feeds since November, dear friend!
    I love both looks for the ottoman!
    Having a slipcover is great for flexibility in decorating!!!
    I'll be watching , but I don't receive notifications!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

  20. The fabric is so pretty.Love the transformation.your decor looks beautiful...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous new cover, it looks wonderful! I follow Nell Hills Blog and would love to pass by close enough to be able to stop in and see her shop. Or better yet, go for one of her Home Tours!

    P.S. Love the layered rugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the light new cover. The tartan style of the fabric is perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that looks great! I like the idea of have a slip cover to get it a new look. You made this? It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful slip cover Judy! I would love to see this on my Chic By You Link Party @ Chic By Tab

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks wonderful, Judy! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, that's one BIG ottoman, love the new slipcover, very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Judy, the new cover looks lovely and I love that it can be removed to show the original fabric,too.

    Good to see you again.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Judy. I'm featuring your lovely ottoman cover at Every Room In The House. Please stop by and pick up a Featured button. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us. I hope you'll join in the fun this month with something from your master bedroom. Hugs ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage.

    ReplyDelete