Mothers Day Tablescape and the Missing China

Thanks for stopping by to see my Mother's Day Tablescape. Take a look then I'll give you some details.



I'm using china that I have had for over 40 years but have never shared in a tablescape with you. 



Here's why I have never shared them - I couldn't find them

Yes, I have been looking for them since we moved to our house in Missouri almost nine years ago. 


I couple of months ago, I kept telling my husband our wedding china must be in the storage room in some big box. My hunt began and I could find no box marked "wedding china" but while searching in a box marked "Christmas Dishes" low and behold, I found my wedding dishes. Sure enough, there was one layer of Christmas dishes but I dug a little deeper and there were the wedding dishes just waiting for me to find them. 


The pattern is Blue Fantasy by Royal Court with blue roses and gray and green leaves. Each piece has a platinum rim; I know we don't see blue roses too much these days but I love the elegance of the pattern.



I must admit something to you! I didn't even pick the china out when I got married 42 years ago. I know that sounds strange since you know my love for dishes now. They were a gift from my grandmother. 



I'm using my Daffodil pattern silverplate that I have shown you before.  It was a gift to Mom from Dad; Dad was sweet enough to pass it on to me when Mom passed away. Here's a picture of my Mom when she was about 18 years old.


I think I get my love of tablescapes from Mom; she always had a beautiful table on Sundays, special events and every holiday. 



The stemware is Waterford Crystal - Sparkle. 


My centerpiece is one that I shared recently. It debuted on my mantel here then moved to my table here










Thanks for stopping by to share my Mother's Day tablescape. I hope you will be enjoying Mother's Day with your family and friends - Judy.

Linking to:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 
Make-It-Pretty Monday's at The Dedicated House


Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up! on Tuesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Transformed Tuesdays at PJH Designs

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 
Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage



Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage

Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Jennifer Rizzo for Fabulously Creative Friday
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life








10 comments:

  1. Judy! I am so glad you found your beautiful china! That would have drove me crazy knowing that it is there somewhere and I can't find it. Your table looks gorgeous, and a wonderful tribute to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judy! Long time no see a post from you!!! I'm not exactly sure why, but I've not been getting the email alerts that I used to get. I just tried to re-subscribe, but it rejected it saying that I'm already a subscriber. I've not gotten anything in my email box for quite awhile. I just thought you weren't posting. Maybe since I jogged its memory now it will start to work again. I sure hope so! I don't like missing your posts!

    This is a beautiful traditional setting! I may do wild and crazy things sometimes with tables, but when all is said and done, the traditional setting is my favorite. I am so glad you were able to find your long lost china. Man, I'll bet you were tearin' that house up lookin' for this!!!I would have had to ask the police to put out an APB for it!!! :-)

    It's great that you used the flatware that means so much to you, especially this time of year in celebration of Mother's Day.

    I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy a wonderful tablescape loved the story that went with the dishes and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I'm thrilled you found your dishes. The table is gorgeous. That centerpiece is so pretty with all the different spring blooms. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tablescape! This is beautiful!! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love your beautiful tablescape. So pretty. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! That beautiful blue pitcher with raised flowers stopped me in my tracks. I keep going back to that photo to look at it again.

    Am becoming your latest follower and invite you to visit my blog.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table. I love your china and I'm drooling over that blue vase. Stunning. Thanks for joining us this week at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! These were my Mother's dishes and now my sister has them! Love this tablescape - beautifully done! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your china, silver, and crystal are beautiful!! Your tablescape is just stunning. So glad you found your wedding china.

    ReplyDelete