First Blogging Anniversary

This week will mark my first year blogging anniversary. It doesn't seem like I have been blogging a year; when I started, I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to blog about.  I really just started to help my friend JoAnn with her blog. My blog began with a few tabletop vignettes, outdoor posts, vacations, then slowing developed into tablescapes. That's where I found what I really like to blog about, beautiful tablescapes.

I do want to thank all of you for visiting and leaving kind messages. To celebrate, I have created a tablescape using pink and white and a centerpiece featuring my crepe myrtle blooms.

Come along and help me celebrate:


I have loved crepe myrtles for years, I remember traveling in the South during the hot, hot summer and seeing the crepe myrtles with their brilliant blooms. While so many other flowers, shrubs and trees had bloomed out, or were wilting in the heat, the crepes were just gorgeous. 

I had my husband cut the branches because they were covered in bees and I was too afraid of getting stung. No problem, he didn't get a single string. I was standing back with a container for them and too fearful to get close and ready to run. My crepe myrtles are miniature so don't grow as tall as their cousins.


Back in the house, I placed them in my little white teapot and kept the arrangement low so no interference with conversation at the table especially since I am a big talker.

For my stemware, I chose my pink Fostoria Heritage water goblets then added four green wine glasses. I was happy I added the green, it went well with the green leaves in the plates and seemed to pop when I sat them on the table.

I was hurrying through Marshall's recently and spied the pink salad plates. I think the flower is a peony which blooms in the Spring but the color works well on this summer tablescape.

The dinner plates are inexpensive but have some nice beading on them.You can see I left the teapot lid on the table next to the pot, it was just too cute to remove.

The pink napkins are from Kohl's and are circled with silver napkin rings.

The tablecloth is a floral embroidered and from Germany (purchased on eBay). I think of it as a tabletop piece because it is very small and only measures 32"x32".  I added a white larger tablecloth underneath to make the table a little more elegant.

The flowers on the crepe myrtle are very delicate, I could hardly touch them and they were falling on the table. I didn't really mind, I love seeing them scattered around. You certainly could not cut them a day ahead for your table or house.They will stain your tablecloth I found out but the stain did come out with a little spray.






Thanks for stopping in and sharing my blogiversary with me - Judy




Linking to these great parties:
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Show Off Your Cottage Monday  at the House in the Roses 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill 
The Delectable Home
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 

Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Bunny Hop Party at Bunny Jeans on Tuesday

Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 

DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer
Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
White Wednesday at Faded Charm

Tablescape Thursday  at Between Naps on the Porch
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
Natasha in OZ for Say G'day Saturday 
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper



46 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely table setting! I really love the green glasses, they add a great punch of color. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary! You have a lovely blog that I always love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary Judy! I love your tablescape, it's so pretty! A sweet teapot, & love the soft colors together. I also am a lover of crape myrtles! I was in awe when we moved to VA and they were blooming all over the area. We have 3 now, so delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! Your celebration tablescape is just gorgeous. I love my crepe myrtles, too, but I don't ever think to use them on my table. Thanks for the inspiration. I also usually leave lids on my table, too. Great minds think alike! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty table you have put together. Those plates are beautiful. I love crepe myrtles, too. You are lucky to have one in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy One Year Anniversary!!!! Your tablecape is gorgeous!!! Love those blooms....the color is amazing!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy!!!!

    HAPPY BLOGGAVERSARY, HON!

    Wow, a whole year, huh? How AWESOME!

    I love love love this gorgeous tablescape - pink and green together is my favvie fav big time - and your Crepe Myrtle is absolutely stunning!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Judy on your first year blog anniversary! Love this gorgeous tablescape using the pink. I love how the colors in the plates look stacked on the white under plate. Nothing says summer in the south like blooming Crepe Myrtles. I have all white growing in my yard but how I do love this color and plan to plant some in the fall.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Bloggaversary! Since I love pink, I'm loving your table this week. I'm a huge crepe myrtle fan too and keep intending to build a table around them.

    Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy one year of blogging! Beautiful tablescape! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy first-year-of-blogging, Judy! Your table looks so pretty -- adding the green stemware was a great idea! I love those salad plates, too. Crepe myrtle IS a fabulous plant -- we have a lot around here, and they do great, despite the HEAT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy First Blogging Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm doing a little Happy Anniversary dance for you! A year?!! I was so sure it had been much longer! You have shown nothing but top quality, well-thought out, beautiful tables each and every time which would make one think you were an "old-timer"! :-) This table is no exception. I love it that you're able to get great use out of your crepe myrtles. The branches are just so beautiful!!! I didn't know the blooms would stain. Hmmm...better keep that in mind! I like the mix of pink and green stemware, too. You're right...the green just brings that extra pop to the table! Congratulations on a year of tablescape blogging that has been an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Bogiversary Judy! I love your table, especially the crepe mrytle flowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, your tablescape is gorgeous! I love the pink and green together. Crepe Myrtle is such a pretty plant. Happy Blog Anniversary!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Judy!

    Your table is lovely, I have that same little teapot. Crepe Myrtles are a staple in the South. I had a few of that deep pink color, I think it was called Watermelon.

    Thanks for sharing at my party this week :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesdays Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 1st Blogaversary. I am visiting from the Bunny Hop. Lovely table. The crepe myrtle is such a pretty color. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy one year, Judy! I love those plates...they are gorgeous! The teapot is so cute, too. I know all about crepe myrtles, as we have them every where in Texas. I have a white one out front and it often looks like its snowing. It sure makes a pretty centerpiece and how sweet of your hubby to cut the branches for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Judy, your table is so pretty in pink. Great anniversary color and congratulations on your first year of blogging! I enjoy every one of your posts. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blogiversary Judy! Your table is so gorgeous! I adore pink and the flowers are lovely! Hope the rest of your week is fabulous! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! And it is a very pretty pink one at that!

    Hope you will come enter my very fun glass bottle cheese platter giveaway. It so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I will be celebrating mine in 2 months. Your tablesetting is gorgeous--bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your blogversary! Your table is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful. I love crepe myrtles. My grandmother had a huge tree in her yard and it was always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the pink and green ! Just discovered your blog and look forward to reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those floral plates. Beautiful. Just lovely. Your crepe myrtle is stunning too. Congratulations on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely love the salad plates. They are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. happy 1st anniversary on your blog

    I think this is my 3rd in august I will have to check the date
    anyway its been fun and I love visiting the other blogs to see what they buy and sell and create

    your table is very pretty in pink

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats Mrs. JB...

    You done a great job.

    Your TS is one of the most sweetest TS I love this week.

    Happy TS,
    /CC from Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Blogiversary!
    Visiting you from the blog hop hosted by Katherines Corner.
    Give me a visit some time ~
    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Happy blogaversary.. It's just wonderful how you put this table together. Everything is so harmonious together. You were right with the green glasses. a perfect touch. I do love the new plates.. They are just so special. Here's to many more years of seeing your special talent. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  31. Judy, congratulation on your first year of blogging. Glad you decided to write a blog because I certainly enjoy visiting her. ;-)
    Like you, I'm in awe of the crepe myrtle trees. Here in TX they are often along the roadsides, in commercial landscapes, and all through the neighborhoods. All summer in the extreme heat with little rain, they bloom and bloom. Love the bright colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. congrats, judy! such a charming tablescape:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful tablescape! Those plates are gorgeous! The crepe myrtle is perfect with it!

    I have enjoyed browsing your blogs, very nice! I do scrapbooking and enjoyed seeing yours and the cards.

    Sorry to be late replying (busy week!)

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  34. How refreshingly beautiful!! The watermelon crape myrtles are my very favorite flowers in the world. Just a stunning table.

    What an honor to be invited to such a charmingly welcoming party.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stopping back by to say thanks for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Pink and green is one of my favorite color combos. Your table is lovely and certainly is festive for your blog anniversary celebration!

    Visiting from The Bunny Hop.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I love your peony plates! They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats honey on your 1 year of blogging..looks like it's longer, you are such a pro at it!! Your table is gorgeous, so happy, pink and sweet too. I specially love the peony plates and the tablecloth is great. The centerpiece pink flowers are so inviting and lovely. Thanks for your wonderful visit, so sweet of you. Happy Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  39. love the table!
    i'm a new follower i love a good table scape and congrats on your first years!

    ReplyDelete
  40. It really is just lovely! Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Oz. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-8.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely images and happy anniversary. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely images and happy anniversary. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete
  43. linda, muito encantadora sua mesa, estes tons de rosa fazem bem até pra alma, parabéns

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy Anniversary!!!
    Your tablescape is just beautiful, I love the pink flowers and your dishes are just lovely!

    Also glad that there were no bee stings!!
    Have a wonderful night!
    (hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your tablescape is gorgeous! I love the beautiful floral plates and the pretty cloth. I do love crepe myrtles. We have two but I'd like to have more. The colors are so vivid.

    ReplyDelete