Brenda's Whimsy

I am sharing the whimsy of my friend, Brenda, today. She lives in a cozy white cottage in a small town and loves the color red and lots of whimsy. She is so talented and so creative. Take a look at her yard and all of her whimsy and creativity.

As you pull into Brenda's driveway, you see this cute bench she has painted yellow and decorated her lamp post with red netting and green and white ribbon. She has a beautiful hibiscus plant with red blooms growing next to the bench.
Her front porch has pink chairs and some bright orange and pink pillows.
She added a wreath to the door made from the same netting and ribbon on the lamp post. Take a look at her ferns sitting in red pots.

Brenda's creativity continues to the side of her house where she has a small garden just outside her breezeway.

Remember, Brenda loves red, so check out this child's chair painted red, the red  lantern, and the red bike.

The red bike now decorated with flowers is the biggest eye catcher in her garden. It's so Brenda, she loves to ride her other bike down the road, over the railroad track and into town. She might stop at the grocery story or the library.
I taught school with Brenda for 24 years before I moved. I do enjoy visiting with her when I return. You can see more of her garden on the back side of the breezeway if you look through the screens.


Thanks for stopping by to see Brenda's Whimsy - Judy




Linking to:
Susan at BetweenNaps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill 
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 
Favorite Photo Monday 

The Bunny Hop Party at Bunny Jeans on Tuesday
Wimsey Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 
Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer

DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Natasha in OZ for Say G'day Saturday 
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper

20 comments:

  1. Such a cute post. I love red as well, so I was swooning here. The bike! The little chair!!! And, I love, love, love the yellow bench. Why didn't I think of painting a bench like that. So clever! Going to check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda has done an amazing job with her gardens! So inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see how others add whimsy to their gardens. Thanks for taking us to Brenda's delightful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and whimsical!
    Thank you for the visit :)

    Have a wonderful night
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it -- especially the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Brenda's darling garden..She has so many fun whimsical ideas.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda's garden is amazing! I just love all the little pops of color throughout her garden. I like how she used netting for decor. I use some at Christmas but never thought of using it for other seasons. I see I am going to have to rethink that. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FABULOUS yard! Thank you for sharing. I love it all and will be pinning a photo or two. I'm in a new house this year with a deck and I am desperate to do something clever, colorful, and creative beneath it. I think Brenda just gave me a couple of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy,

    This is so charming; your friend is definitely very creative. From the looks of her house and lawn, she must have a very cheerful personality. Her breezeway is wonderful, and I REALLY LOVE the red bicycle!! I would love to have that for my garden.

    Thanks so much for your visit and your kind comments! I hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really pretty yard, like the red chairs! Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love all the pops of red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this post! Such cute stuff! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing...love the red bike!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative, red is my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun bit of whimsy! Thanks so much for sharing and for leaving the sweet comment on my blog!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would say she's quite colorful, too! What a fun and interesting person you have there for a friend, lucky you! I enjoyed seeing all her talent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed visiting this colorful garden.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete