September Blooms

From Murray, Kentucky in the southern tip of Western Kentucky - growing zone 7a.

It's time for September Bloom Day so I'll show you my blooms:


Lantana can take the summer heat. I love these red and yellow colors in this lantana. 



The Yellow Swallowtail is gorgeous on the lantana.



 In addition to the lantana, you can see a few leaves from a Nasturtium (no blooms) then some white Verbenia blooms at the top of the pic. 



Some of my Petunias are still in bloom thanks to my feeding. 



I paused the feeding while the temps were 100 degrees' but now that the temps are cooling down, I have started feeding again. 






Verbenia that reseeded from last year is spilling over the back walkway. 




This gorgeous Dahlia was blooming in my garden this week. I held it in front of a giant elephant ear to get this pic. This is my second year to grow Dahlias and I thought I just wanted pink ones. I have certainly changed my mind after looking at this stunning color. 



This is a new variety of Coreopsis (Tickseed) for me. I have had coreopsis for years but after the December flash freeze, my old coreopsis didn't survive. 









Two hummers are still visiting the feeders. I know they will be leaving soon.



 Vincia is still producing blooms.





Liriope purple blooms





A red Canna bloom in one of my flower pots.




My banana tree and elephant ears don't have blooms but are huge.






Thanks for stopping by to see my September blooms - Judy.


Linking to:

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day on the 15th of the month

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden on S

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday

Bird DePot @ I'd Rather Be Birding 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Mosaic Monday @ South and Mind and so on on Sunday

Sunday Sunshine Blog @ Ridge Haven Homestead on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy on Sunday

MET Monday @ BNOTP


Nature Notes on Monday

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Tuesdays With A Twist @ God's Growing Garden, Stone Cottage Adventures

Pictorial Tuesday @ Peabea Photos on Tuesday

Tuesday Turn About @ My Wee Abode at 6 pm

Creative Muster @ Fluster Buster on Tuesday at 6 pm

Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

Karins Kottage Linky Party @ Karins Kottage on Wednesday am

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Thinking Out Loud Thursday @ Penney's Passion on Wednesday

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday

FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday 

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday 9pm 

Fabulous Link Party @ Peacock Ridge Farm, Living Large in a Small House, South House Designs, & Vintage Home Designs on Friday

Friendship Friday Blog Hop @ Create With Joy

Friday Features Link Party @ Penny's Passion

County Road 407 @ Farm House Friday





8 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos of the flowers.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular and awesome garden with all the blooms. Love it, lots of work but so special. Enjoy it
    I visited you via FARMHOUSE FRIDAY 316
    I linked up this week with = 55+56. This is a friendly reminder and invitation to come and join us at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms! Most things are starting to die up here in CT this time of year-- though oddly my hydrangeas that never bloomed all year look like they are ready to start now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. My garden is beginning to shut down. Such is the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our hummer left the beginning of September - I miss her already. Your red canna was beautiful as was your Liriope. I love variegated leaves and not sure why I have never grown it. Our dahlias did not do well this year - I'm not sure I've ever seen a yellow one - it's lovely. I wish I had room for more. Have a happy rest of September. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white Verbena and the purple-flowered Liriope with that crisp variegated foliage, Judy. Great hummingbird pics! Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one Kentucky Gal to another, I enJOY all your blooms....and the Hummer too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete