At the Feeders and In The Trees #49

What a pleasant surprise I got this morning when I opened the drapes and saw an Eastern Bluebird sitting in the trees off of my deck. Luckily, the camera was an arm's length away and I snapped two pictures before he flew off. 




I do have a few bluebird houses at the back of our three-acre property, and hope the bluebird is nesting in one of them. 




Bluebirds commonly use nest boxes or old woodpecker holes. They eat insects and berries. 


Thanks for stopping by and happy birding - Judy.


Linking to:

MET Monday @ BNOTP

OMHG Wonderful Wednesday on Monday

You're the Star @ God's Growing Garden on Monday

Image-in-ing on Monday

Through My Lens on Monday

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention on Wednesday am

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday 




14 comments:

  1. Pretty bluebirds. I'm hoping our cardinal comes home to nest. Have a grand weekend! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hiked on a trail where several bluebird houses were and hopefully they will use them now. I love bluebirds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Seeing a Bluebird is a happy sight, they are beautiful. You are lucky to see them in your yard. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see Bluebirds! Hope they stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Eastern Bluebird is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful bird and appeals to humans more than many other species. These birds tend to nest in grasslands and meadows so I'm not sure how successful you might be in a backyard. Be sure to let us know if you are successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have three acres, the birdhouses are near the back of our property.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pics!! A true blogger you are, keeping a camera at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hell Judy :=) What a lucky lady you are to see these most beautiful Bluebirds in your yard.
    I do hope they nest somewhere in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bird! Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pictures of this Eastern Bluebird.
    This species does not occur in the Netherlands.
    I wish you a nice Sunday.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous blue bird photos ~ Wow!

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty bird!
    Your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be in heaven if I had a bluebird at my feeders! How absolutely wonderful -- and lovely pictures. I thought of you when I took pictures of my "Florida" Cardinal over in the Everglades. In truth, I'll never think of this bird as anything but a Kentucky Cardinal because of my Mother. But they do get around!!

    ReplyDelete