Knock Out Roses

 Our Knock Out Roses are just stunning! Take a look at these beautifies:





Knock outs love the sun and like to get 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day. 




Last Mother's Day, my husband bought me two more Red Double Knock Out Rose bushes. I grouped these two with another one to make a cluster of three red Knock Outs. These three are planted along out front sidewalk.




Knock Outs bloom longer than any other flowering shrub. Plus they bloom more often. They are known for their: 

Flower Power!




They are considered low maintenance but there are a few tips to growing them: lots of sun; good drainage; a healthy dose of quality food in the spring; prune any blackening stems; and regular watering.





Take a look at these buds getting ready to open! Knock Outs bring instant success to your garden. They were introduced a generation ago. They are so easy to grow and are disease resistant.




There is a family of  Knock Outs and Double Knock Outs in several colors.


Now a Petite Knock Out is available. This one only grows to about 18 inches. Source of image.

Watch for my next post on my new Double Knock Outs just planted in another exciting color! Can you guess what color? 

Special Note: I have sprayed my roses with Triple Action spray because you may have noticed some small holes in the leaves of my pics. These holes are caused by the Rose Sawfly Worm. This worm is a tiny green worm that feeds on the  underneath side of the leaves. 

Thanks for stopping by - Judy.

Linking to:

Our World @ Our World Tuesday on Monday

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday pm 

MET Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Wonderful Wednesday @ Oh My Heartsie Girl on Monday

All About Home @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home on Monday

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life


Tuesday Turn About Link Party @ Thistle Key Lane at 5 pm


Wonderful Wednesday @ Ducks in a Row on Tuesday evening

My Corner of the World @ Photographing New Zealand on Wednesday

Share Your Style @ French Ethereal on Wednesday at 6 pm

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity


Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Thursday Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner

Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring 

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home on Thursday 

FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS on Thursday

A Morning Cup of Joe @ The Cottage Market on Friday

Farm House Friday @ County Road 407

Friday With Friends @ My Hubbard Home

Saturday Sparks @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Garden Affair @ Jaipur Garden 

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Saturday Spotlight @ Calypso in the Country


Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate & Decorate on Sunday

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Love Your Creativity Link Party @ Life and Linda on Sunday at 2pm

Hearth and Soul Link Party @ April J. Harris on Sunday

Sunday Link Party @ Finding Silver Pennies

Sundays on Silverado @ The House on Silverado

Party in Your PJ's @ The Apple Street Cottage on Sunday

Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy on Sundays at 5pm







14 comments:

  1. I have a couple of these and wish I had more. They are so easy to grow. Yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I prefer the single petal row of flowers, yours are extremely beautiful and happy in their care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flower power is a good thing! They look very healthy.
    I visited the nursery (Meilland) in France, and they were very proud of the Knock Out roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your roses are stunning!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy - whoever named these roses was spot on! My Mom had the red variety and she loved how they grew up on her trellis. I am guessing you are going with the white double-petalled variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought much about roses til we moved to a house with a huge rose garden, so I can now truly appreciate this beauty you are sharing with us today.

    I appreciate your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knock out roses are beautiful. I may be wrong, but they don't need pruning like other roses do. Thank you for sharing your garden at the Friday with Friends link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have these in my flower bed too....RED ones! They are so beautiful and bloom for so long. I'll look for a petite rose bush. That would be pretty in a pot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love knock our roses! I have the same color as yours. I have to keep them enclosed by chicken wire or else the deer would eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely rose pictures, Judy. Congratulations, this was the most clicked at the Friday with Friends link party!

    ReplyDelete