At the Feeders and in the Trees #41

 The birds have really been visiting feeding at my feeders this week. It is always a joy to watch them plus try to get a few good pics to share with you.




The Black-capped Chickadee is always such a reliable customer at the feeders. He is there quickly after I fill the feeders. The male and female look alike to us with their white cheeks, but look quite different to each other, as males have a much stronger ultraviolet reflection on their cheeks. 




Another favorite that has been at the feeders and in the trees is the Northern Cardinal. When winter arrives the male and the female start to visit more often.




The cardinals eat from the feeders but will also drive to the ground for fallen seeds. 







The Carolina Wren has been at my suet feeders. I just love to list to their loud songs. 



Most wrens have a habit of holding their tail up often flicking it when excited.



This wren has a black-oil sunflower seed in his mouth.




I recently received a gift in the mail from a dear friend of mine. She knows how much a enjoy birds and sent a lovely bird book by David Allen Sibley titled "What It's Like to be A Bird. I've been reading and enjoying this book and used some of information from the book today in my post. 




Thanks for stopping by today - Judy.


Linking to:

Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace on Thursday

Friday Favorites Link Party @ Penny's Passion on Thursday


Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Sunday

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday pm

9 comments:

  1. We use the big Sibley's book for ID but I haven't seen this one. I'll put it on my wish list! We love our little chickadees and wrens here too. And the Cardinal is so pretty for winter backgrounds. Nature is the most beautiful and your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get my bird feeders back up! I used to have so much fun watching our birds. Sadly our feeder broke last spring and I juts keep forgetting to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy - the Carolina Wren is so petite and perky! Hard to imagine it has a loud song! I made a note of the book - I think I will ask for it when my birthday spins around again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to watch and identify birds. I got Tommy a cd of bird calls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful photos! The cardinal is such a handsome fellow!! Wishing you a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing just how much joy bird feeders can bring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Feeding and watching the yard birds does bring me joy too. I like the cute Chickadee and wrens. The Cardinals are a beautiful pop of color. Your birds and photos are lovely. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Going to put that book on my Christmas Wish List.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying these photos. We had a lot of work on our backyard area/deck and I don't have bird feeders up! I miss seeing them! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete