A Surprise On the Deck

 I stepped out on my deck this morning to take a look at my flowers but look what caught my eye!



I believe this is an White Ermine Moth and it has black speckling. You can see a little of it's orange and black coloring on the top side of it's abdomen. 



He was crawling between the boards then on top of the boards. 


I read that the bodies of this species create relatively strong toxins, so it has few natural predators (from here).

Thanks for stopping by, make it a fun day - Judy.

Linking to:

Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life

Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Funtastic Link Party @ Two Chicks and A Mom on Thursday

Grace at Home @ Imparting Grace on Thursday

Friday Favorites Link Party @ Penny's Passion on Thursday

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday 

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf on Saturday

Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday pm

11 comments:

  1. Hello,

    It is a pretty moth, I like the black spots on it's wings. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful! And can blend in to so many of it's surroundings. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely capture...it makes the common moth not so common at all...(:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured a beauty. Moths can be so pretty, I think. Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos. I think I will have to add you to my list as I have enjoyed this post and I live in Southwest Indiana and I might just learn even more about the flora and fauna around here! Thank you!! Have a grand week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, Very interesting moth! Thanks for sharing and have a great week! Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy - I probably should pay more attention to moths - they can be quite attractive! Thanks for linking up to Mosaic Monday, and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy :) That's a neat-looking moth! Great photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost always find something to "catch my eye" when I walk outside. If we just stop for a moment we will see things all around us. Great eye and photos.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's a handsome creature. I only know about the weasel like ermine. If only it exuded mean toxins so that it wouldn't be killed for its pelt.

    ReplyDelete