At the Feeders and in the Trees - Week 35

I love photographing birds in the snow and this week, I had that opportunity. The Northern Cardinals have been at the feeders daily with the snow on the ground covering their food sources.







Check out the crest of the cardinal in the first and last pic in the collage below.




The Purple Finches are just beautiful with the male having the raspberry-red head, cap, breast, back and rump.





Other visitors for the week included the Red-bellied Woodpecker, American Goldfinches, and . . .



the Downy Woodpecker.




Take care and enjoy the birds - Judy.


Linking to:


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturdays

Camera Critters on Saturday


I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays

Mosaic Monday @ Letting Go of the Bay Leaf
Reflections @ Nana Hood on Monday
Say Cheese @ Behind the Cheddar Curtain


Met Monday @ BNOTP

Wordless Wednesday @ bethere2day on Tuesday


Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready attention
Wordless Wednesday @ Create With Joy


Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Wordless Wednesday @ bethere2day on Tuesday


Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening


Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity
Thursday Favorite Things @ Follow the Yellow Brick Home
Skywatch Friday on Thursday

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday
Weekend Reflections on Friday 
Saturday Sparkles @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

17 comments:

  1. Your photos are just amazing - so much detail of the gorgeous birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Cardinals and finches at my feeders, mostly. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for a few feeders around town to sit at. I love just watching them, the cardinals were heavy this morning, had 12 males all at once

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve captured wonderful photos of the birds! You must have a good vantage point! The cardinals feed here all winter off of my feeders. I have the same birds coming as you do. Lots of finches which I love. I only seem to see one male cardinal at a time and not the females but each spring there are plent of them. Speaking of spring I can’t wait for it but I have a long ways to go. We just got slammed with a lot of snow and now bitter temps. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, gorgeous birds and photos. I love the Cardinals. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. So wonderful serie of birds! The woodpeckers are my favorite. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Judy. Those pink and red birds sure do brighten up a snowy day. The reflections of the snow on the birds' plumage is quite lovely. Have a great week you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! I've hunkered indoors, a blizzard today.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty photos of your birds! I have seen some Goldfinches at my feeder this week too. I also love those Purple Finches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful series of your feathered visitors! I love all their bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is probably a stupid question but do some Red-Bellied Woodpeckers have red bellies, this one doesn't seem to, is it a female? Beautiful all the same. Wild patterns on the downy, it's got a groovy 60s thing going on. I'm currently looking for a way to feed the birds in this weather, so much snow and frigid temps and I live on the second floor without a lot of choices to hang or put something. I've heard about insect blocks and am going to call around to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bird portraits are so good Judy! They pose for you so beautifully. The Cardinals are huge favorites of mine , I’m sure I’ve told you how my mother talked about them often (she was born and raised in Louisville, but moved to the Pacific NW as a young woman, married my dad and stayed there. There are no Cardinals in that part of the country. I think they were a symbol for her of all that she missed.). So now that we have spent some time where we see them, they always make me think of her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy! Thank you! Being from Ohio, I miss the cardinals SO much, and it warms my heart to no end to see them in your mosaics. That fellow certainly has a mohawk little hairdo going on! I have seen more activity at my feeders since our last big snowfall - chickadees, nuthatches, pine siskins and downy woodpeckers. Their antics can keep me entertained for hours! Thanks for linking up to Mosaic Monday with a walk down memory lane. I hope you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving your little bird photos Judy, and they clearly love coming to your feeders! How special.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...you captured they so well, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete