Flowers, Ferns and Another New Bed

Many of my zinnias are still producing flowers. The oranges seems to be flowering so brightly these days. 




Still lots of pinks too. Others are starting too fade so I know they will soon go to seed. 





The elephant ears look good. Some are in the ground and others are in pots. I'll dig them in another month to put in our shop for the winter.




I have a fern and hosta bed around a tree in the backyard that sadly I have neglected more than I should have this summer. The hardy ferns are doing great but so are the weeds.








New bed update: The expanded bed in the front yard is now complete. New plants are in place along with new mulch. A few crepe myrtles and azaleas remain from the old bed.




I am so thankful my grandson helped me water today. I haven't been able to get out and water the last few days. I had a radiofrequency lumbar facet ablation on Wednesday and needed one of my grandsons to help me out in the yard. 




He is such a good helper and watered all the beds for me. We had to make a trip to Sonic for a chocolate shake after all his hard work!




The ranger is a life saver to haul water.






Yet another new project: You may have noticed there is a pile of top soil in front of the newly finished bed.



This bed is going to be for orange daylilies. Hubby arranged the stones around the bed. Now the dirt needs to be moved to the bed and daylilies planted. 


That's it for flowers, ferns and beds. Until next time - Judy.


Linking to:



Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Garden Bloggers Bloom Day @ May Dreams on the 15th of the month
#My Glorious Garden @ Old House in the Shires

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wednesday evening
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wednesday evening

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening


Thankful Thursday @ It's a Small Town Life
Little Things Thursday @ Random-osity

Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home


Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage on Thursday evening

Friday Photo Journal @ Serendipity is Sweet


Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Saturday Sparkles @ Pieced Pastimes on Friday

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound on Friday

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather @ Shabby Art Boutique on Friday

Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday

Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays



15 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Those zinnias are so brightly orange looks like they are in flames! So beautiful. I planted a zinnias blend in one of my garden beds at the end of the summer (I don't know why) and to my surprise, they're blooming! We will see. Oh, orange daylilies will look beautiful around the tree. Cannot wait to see when they bloom next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful new beds mixed with the established one, Judy! I don't exactly what that lumbar procedure entails, but I hope it helps you. I have chronic back issues that I live with, and the older I get, the more noticeable they are. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your back does better after the ablation. Your flowers are certainly lovely! Great helper you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I love the new bed and look forward to seeing how it fills in. I have little grand buddies too and some day they’ll help me in my gardens too. Happy gardening and good health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, your zinnias are beautiful, I love the color. The new bed looks established, great look. Nice you saved some of the old plants. You certainly have a cutie little helper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a good little helper! I love the bright colors of your flowers....they make the most beautiful mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright happy colors of the zinnias. I like your new garden bed. I had to look up what that procedure was you had done. I hope it helps and keeps you comfortable for a good while. How sweet of your grandson to help. I remember when my son was young like that and would help me.... how did he become. 30+ years old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, I love the new bed, it is always exciting to have something new in the garden. The zinnias are a beautiful color, mine are still blooming but beginning to wane. I hope your back will be better after the procedure. Thanks so much for sharing with Gardens Galore this season. Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My haven't you been busy in the garden, it's going to look wonderful I know and your hardworking grandson must have been a huge help after your procedure. Great fern foliage in your mosaic, so green and I didn't spot any weeds in there! Glad that you joined us for MM again this week, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very handsome helper! I love zinnias and your ferns are gorgeous. Your whole garden is lovely. I think digging in the soil is very therapeutic and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i will pray you heal fast and love to see your pretty yard. I have fought back pain and know it would be nice to receive some relief.I have had numerous treatments

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is still full of pretty colour. The orange zinnia is stunning. It's fun to have such a cute helper with the watering. Have a good week and I hope you heal well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new garden looks good and your grandson looks like a super helper, though I’m sorry for what caused you to need it. I read this post yesterday and wondered about the medical procedure you mentioned so I went off Google it and, you know how that goes, went down that rabbit hole and forgot why I’d come there in the first place. . Hope it works to ease pain and that you heal well and quickly..... Anyway, I swear I dreamed about that gorgeous orange zinnia, because I woke up remembering that I’d forgotten to come back and comment on your post! Now I’m off to make coffee and hopefully remember whatever else I forgot to do yesterday ]].

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Your garden inspires lots of ideas for next year! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your zinns are gorgeous. That is one flower I didn't plant this year, but should have. Nice to see that you have a good helper and I hope your recovery goes well. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete