St. Patrick's Day Tablescape With Greens and Yellows

"Top of the morning ladies," it's time to share my St. Patrick's Day Table with you. 


I've got a tiny green hat you can wear if you can squeeze it on your sweet little head while you read my post.


This mini hat by Nora Fleming sits on a small bud vase also by Nora. 


For my St. Patrick's Day table, I'm bringing out different shades of green plus throwing in some yellow.



I quilted placemats then added a mix of Fiesta dishes in Shamrock color and some inexpensive plates in a lighter green. 







My quilting guild recently gave us a challenge to make something featuring the log cabin design. This design block is symbolic of life itself with the center square representing the heart or hearth of the home. Each strip around the center represents the logs of the cabin. 

I wanted to make placemats for St. Patrick's Day using this design.




I'm a beginning quilter so my projects aren't perfect but I'm learning. 




My table is pretty casual and would work great for a luncheon or just a small gathering of friends for an informal dinner. 





The yellow daisy like flower are from a local market and fill a pierced ginger jar. 




I'm still babying my dried limelight hydrangea blooms that I cut back in the fall. You can see them on the server with my shamrock plate.




The tiny petals are so delicate and fall off so easily when touched. Hope I get "lucky" and get more blooms this year. 




Three small Belleek vases hold faux pale yellow ranunculus roses. 





Thanks for stopping by, I'd love for you to leave a message - Judy.

Linking to:


Met Monday @ BNOTP

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings – The Heart of Your Home
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog
The Scoop @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
The Scoop @ Worthington Court
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson on Wednesday evening
Share Your Style Link Party @ 21 Rosemary Lane on Wednesday evening
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life on Wednesday evening
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home @ The Charm of Home

Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Sundays at Home @ My Soulful Home on Saturday
Table It Link Party @ Life and Linda
Inspiration Monday @ Our Southern Home
Dishing It and Digging It @ Rustic & Refined on Sundays

8 comments:

  1. Your placemats came out great! You must be quilting up a storm these days - I am seeing a lot of beautiful projects!! Your table looks so bright and cheerful, perfect pick me up because it is snowing here again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thursday Judy, I love every detail of your St. Patrick's decorations-especially the Belleek vase; I went there three years ago and got several pieces. I am very impressed with your Log Cabin placemats~great job. I've been quilting for many many years and know the time it takes to make those. Keep on!
    Hugs and Happy St. Patrick's Day early.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, your placemats are just wonderful! I love the shades of green mixed with yellow, it looks so happy! The Belleek vase is so pretty. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow with the green makes for a pretty Irish tablescape! Your placemats are terrific - hmmm, I used to do some quilting WAY back, maybe I should give it a try again especially when I see how nice your work turned out. I have a couple of those wonderful Pier 1 dragonfly napkin rings - never thought of using them for St Pat's - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pairing of the yellow and green. It signals both the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day AND the coming of Spring...finallly!!! I don’t remember hearing about Kentucky getting any unduly harsh weather this past season, but I know a LOT of the country can agree that Spring is a welcome sight to see on the calendar!!! You made all those placemats??? Wow...you rock! Just the thought of trying to sew gives me the hives! It’s never been a strong point in my skill set! Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy - a lovely table for a casual tea or a formal dinner! (If you're in a log cabin, this would be a table set for a king!) Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy & Springy. Love your quilted placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something about green and yellow can take a grey stormy day and just make it cheery. Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete