The Northern Cardinal

Doesn't matter how many northern cardinals I see at my feeders or around the yard, I never tire of spotting them. 



I'm sure I am not alone, how could anyone not love seeing these stunning red birds with their black masks.



The female does not having the beautiful red all over coloring as the male, but she is still striking with her warm reddish tinges in her wings, and tail. Plus check out the red in her crest and her reddish beak. 




Sometimes they visit my feeders together and sometimes alone.





Thanks for stopping in for a closer look at The Northern Cardinal - Judy.


Linking to:

Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Normandy Life on Sunday evening


The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern on Tuesday evening

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme on Wednesday evening
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening



Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon



19 comments:

  1. I don't think I would tire of seeing Cardinals either. It's amazing how the males seem to keep most if not all of their colour through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, too. There's a regular couple in the backyard. Later when the snow falls, I've seen as many as 6 males in the big birdie bush, and plenty of lady friends, too.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh they are just so beautiful and your captures are gorgeous!! i like seeing them together, they really compliment each other!!

    i have them at my feeders and i see a lot more of them during winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photography of the beautiful cardinal ~ thanks ~

    Wishing you days of contentment ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, lovely collection of Cardinal images. Both the male and female are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly add color to the winter landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes....when I was a young girl, and got to stay at my aunts house for the summer, I'd wake up to those beauties from my bedroom window! Then, back to Colorado - where NO cardinals lived. After retiring to Texas, 'my' cardinals greeted me once again.

    Love 'em.

    I consider the female very pretty with her silver gown and red adorning touches.

    I thank you for sharing this post with all of us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the Cardinals!
    They surely brighten up a dull Winter's Day

    ReplyDelete

  9. Before we downsized we lived in a big farm in the country and we always used to see those gorgeous red cardinals. One of my fav birds cause they sure evoke C'mas time to me.
    Thanks Judy for sharing such gorgeous images of the male and female, I wouldn't know how to differentiate them!
    Merry C'mas my friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous birds and one of my favorites too! I have several cardinal couples living in my backyard. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy, beautiful photos of beautiful male and female cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, and Good morning from sunny Portugal, made even sunnier by your beautiful post today. I love the Cardinals and both male and the lesser colourful female, are just gorgeous. It's no wonder you never tire of their extraordinary beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've loved cardinals ever since reading A Redbird Christmas by Fanny Flagg and one of my favourite decorations on our tree features them.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful blog with us at MM this week.
    Merry Christmas from Normandy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They really do seem like everyone's favorite winter time bird! They are so colorful when it gets drab outside! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing these lovely birds, especially for those of us who live where they do not exist. They really are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that these beauties are our state bird, so pretty are your shares~

    ReplyDelete
  17. What stunning little birds. Would love to be able to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are certainly a beautiful pair. I like the colors of both the male and the female.

    ReplyDelete