Barns, blooms and birds - Week 2

I decided to make a series on barns, blooms and birds. So this is week 2 of this series. 

This barn is less than a mile down the road from me in Kentucky. The picture was taken in the fall when the tobacco was going into the barn to cure. I love the rust on this barn. Funny how the rust color on the barn almost matches the color of the tobacco. 



Did you notice the sky around the barn is such a beautiful shade of light blue?


The barn doors are closed and the curing process begins.



The daylilies have been in full bloom this week in my yard.





I was happy to see a white-breasted nuthatch at one of my feeders this week. He hasn't visited in several weeks. He's eating black oil sunflower seeds. 


The house finches visit the feeders quite regularly.


The male house finch is rosy red around the face and upper breast. 


The female isn't red at all, she is plain grayish-brown with blurry streaks. She is such a cutie in the pic below.


Thanks for stopping by for another day of Life in Kentucky - Judy. 

Linking to: 


Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings
Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Mosaic Monday @ Lavender Cottage last Monday of the month
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods on Monday

Our World @ Our World Tuesday Meme
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ StoneGable Blog
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe With an E

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Wild Bird Wednesday @ Paying Ready Attention Gallery
Nature Notes @ Rambling Woods
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern

Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Cup of Mrs. Olson
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm on Thursday evening

Photo Friday @ Pierced Wonderings
Skywatch Friday @ Skyley


Saturday's Critters @ Viewing Nature with Eileen on Saturday
Camera Critters on Saturday
I'd Rather Be Birdin' on Saturday at noon

Tom's Barn Collective @ The Backroad Traveler on Sunday
Seasons @ St. Germain's Blog on Sunday



28 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love barns!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birds and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the daylilies and the pretty birds. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting to see the birds as we don't have any of those in the UK

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a nice collection of them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like a bit of rust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed a very nice old barn. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that little feeder for the smaller burds like the white-breasted nuthatch ..... I love barns... Lovely photos to share.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I love the gorgeous daylilies and I always enjoy your birds. Lovely post and photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. flying helpers I see

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely selection of images. Beautiful birds and old barn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Oh my goodness, I thought I had many links per week, but it looks like I've only half of your amount:) Love the barn you captured! its height and the colors;) It seems in animal kingdom the males are more colorful! Thanks for visiting me and have a great weekend!

    Oh, and not to forget, you are very welcome to join the fun of SEASONS - started in May. Any experience during the season is a great subject. Only one photo is needed and doesn't require a separate post. Link is open from Sunday through Wednesday 7pm, Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you captured them bringing the tobacco to the barn. You don't see much of that where I am from.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love barns,the sky was such an unusual color,all beautiful shots,thanks for sharing,phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful captures, Judy! I love the stripes on the finch! It makes them look like they're wearing bloomers, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the photos are beautiful Judy, but that barn made my heart skip a beat. It truly is postcard picture perfect! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the look of the little nuthatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely birds and flowers Judy. Our lilies are just about to blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The nuthatches and finches are a couple that we don't get in our yard, so this was a special treat today! Your lilies - yellow, the color of summer, are very pretty and the tobacco curing is such a fascinating process.

    Thanks for sharing at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week!! Your participation is always very much appreciated. See you next week I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Barns and rust, two things that I like. Thanks Judy for stopping by this week and I hope that there a bunch more Kentucky barns for you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very lovely flowers and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous11:43 PM

    Love your post, a great variety:) Thank you so much for sharing your collage with SEASONS - much appreciated! Hope we will see you back next week! The house finches are so pretty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the photos are lovely to see but your birds fascinate me as there aren't a lot of different birds flying around here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Judy, just hopping back to let you know that you will be featured at SYC this week.
    hugs
    Jann

    ReplyDelete