We are Moving - My Ole Kentucky Home

My family has had many changes over the past few months so my blogging has been next to nothing. We sold our house in Missouri several months ago and put every in storage thinking we would buy a new home this past spring or summer. Then my father had a terrible fall at his home in southern Illinois; so I have been there since the last of April.

Next our daughter and SIL decided to make job changes and move to Kentucky. So of course, we thought we should make plans to move to Kentucky when time permitted. Knowing my father's care would come first, we thought we could buy a home in Kentucky and go there on the weekends since it is only 1.5 hours from my Dad's home.

After much searching, we did find a home in Murray, KY that we felt could work for both of us. We wanted to downsize since we no longer need four bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. I was tired of the constant cleaning that goes along with a bigger house. So here it is:



It is smaller than our last house and older but it has a great yard plus three acres that our grandson's will enjoy. I'm glad I'm not the one who will mow the yard! What really was appealing for my husband was the workshop behind the house. It has plenty of storage for our boat and his hunting equipment.

Sadly my father passed away on September 25 at age 93. He had a wonderful life and was a great Father, Grandfather, and Great Grandfather. He will be missed by all of us.

Now it looks like I will be moving to Murray full time to help with my grandsons especially the 5 year old who will be in daycare for half a day.

In addition to helping with the grands, we will be doing updates to the house. I should have lots to blog about especially the new kitchen going in.

Take care - Judy.

Linking to:

Sunday Down Under @ Natasha in Oz

Masterpiece Monday at California Coastal Home
Make-It-Pretty Monday’s at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday@ Between Naps on the Porch

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop at Stonegable Blog
You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday
The Uptown Acorn for Share Your Style Link Party
From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home on Thursday
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme

Feathered Nest Friday @ the French Country Cottage
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Fabulously Creative Friday @ Jennifer Rizzo
Foodie Friday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm
Weekend Retreat @ AKA Design & Life

Sunny Simple Sunday at Sunny Simple Life
Three Mango Seeds It's Party Time on Sundays



14 comments:

  1. Autumn greetings to you! I'm sorry for your loss, it is difficult when we lose our parents. So glad you will be so close to you grands, they make life so much richer. Your new home is lovely. Kentucky is one of my favorite states.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "meet" you! Neighbors from Natasha's Down Under blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,
    I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.
    I, too, lost my 921/2 year old Father this February.
    I agree, those men led great, long lives, but will be sorely missed.
    I'm sure you will enjoy living closer to family and the daily joys
    that will come from being close in miles!!!
    For the same reason, we moved to this side of the Prairie 14 years ago!!!
    I'll be watching for your return to The Land of Blog, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet friend ! I am so dreadfully sorry and sad to learn of your father's passing. It's tough. I lost my own father already 15 years ago - he was 64. (Much too young, for sure.)

    Please know you are in my prayers.

    On a happier note- I absolutelylove your adorable new home! It's so cute! Oh I so would love to downsize. I am so happy for your grands to have their Gma close by - that's good for EVERYONE.

    I anxiously await your blogging again, but till then, good luck with it all, and God be with you. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. I lost my Dad (83) on September 1st. Your new home looks beautiful -- what a gorgeous setting! I will look forward to new posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your dad passed away.
    You will enjoy living near family and it looks like a beautiful area.
    Have a great week, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have had a lot of upheaval and challenges in your life lately but hopefully, you are now on the path of more certainty and more...blogging! Yay! No matter how old our parents are when we lose them, it is still hard - such love you had shown your father with the care and company you provided over his last days. Best wishes for your future and any reno's you might be tackling. Looking forward to hearing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. How wonderful that you were able to be with him for those last months.
    I know you will enjoy your new home and being with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your dear Father. You are in my prayers and I hope your move is an easy one. I am looking forward to the new home and kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:15 PM

    My heart goes out to you on the passing of your dad. I pray your move will be an easy one. I know you'll make it gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like your father had a very full life. Congratulations on the new home. It certainly has a beautiful setting. I know you will enjoy being close to your children and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your loss, Judy. But I know God's grace will see you through. Being close to the grandkids and family is going to help.
    Your new home is lovely nestled there in the trees. Can't wait to see more. Stay strong.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came here via Michelle's blog. I am sorry about your the loss of your father; he died on the day my dad would have been 98. Your new house looks charming and I hope you have fun fixing it up as well as investing time in your grands. Also your name caught my attention as there are a few graves in our church's old town cemetery with that name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post was truly inspiring and I loved reading every bit of it. I have also been working on building my own custom home and cannot wait to move in. Working with a custom home builder has been one of the best things I have done for myself and for my loved ones when it comes to where we are living.

    Van Lucas @ JPC Custom Homes

    ReplyDelete