Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheese Ball and a Tablescape

Well, I am finally getting to create a post after being away for several weeks with my knee replacement. I'm sharing a cookie dough cheese ball that my daughter and I made for her Bible Study group this week. The recipe will follow at the end of the post.


This recipe does have peanut butter plus chopped Reese's Peanut Butter cups, so you are going to need to like these two ingredients to enjoy the taste. 


We used wafers around the cheese ball for dipping. 


I couldn't resist adding a few bunny peeps to the group, they are just too cute. Add a few jelly beans and they are ready to eat.


Since the cookie dough cheese ball had lots of orange with the orange Reese's pieces, I'm featuring a tablescape from the past that also uses orange. You may not be thinking about using orange for your Easter table, but I was certainly excited to use these Fitz and Floyd pieces on the orange and aqua tablescape. You can click below for a link to the original tablescape.




Now for the recipe I promised above: 

Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, softened; 1/2 c light brown sugar; 1/2 c peanut butter; 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened; 3/4 c powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla; 1.5 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups chopped, 1/2 reese's pieces. 

Directions: 
1. In a large bowl beat the brown sugar and butter together until combined. Add in the cream cheese and peanut butter and beat until combined. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until combined.
2 Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
3. Place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap into a ball. Freeze the ball for about 1.5 hours or until firm enough to keep it's shape.
4. Unwrap the plastic from the ball and cover in the Reese's pieces.
5. Place the ball on a serving dish, cover with wrap and freeze for another couple of hours, thaw for 20-20 minutes, Serve with vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers, fruit or other cookies. 

Recipe from justapinch.com

Thanks for stopping by and not giving up on me - Judy.

Linking to:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday

Tablescape Thursday@ Between Naps on the Porch
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Simple & Sweet Fridays @ Rooted In Thyme

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
FoodieFriday & Everything Else @ Rattlebridge Farm

9 comments:

  1. That Pb cheese ball sounds delicious. I never make cheese balls because when I get near one I have no self control. Found you through WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your tablescape is AWESOME - per usual, Judy - and I gained 3 pounds just looking at the picture of the Reese's Cookie Dough dip oh my word!

    I have been working a lot and have so much blog reading to catch up on! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! Looks so good and I love the tablescape! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very yummy! Enjoyed seeing your orange & aqua tablescape again - I like "different" colours for Easter. Hope your knee is healing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that taste too good! I like the orange in the tablescape- I'm all for color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the orange! It is perfect for Easter or Spring. I am going to have to try this recipe. thanks. Valerie R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the poppy plates for a happy spring tablescape. Pairing the orange with the blue makes a beautiful combination of colors. I love your bunnies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ♥♥♥ this vibrant table...most of us don't use orange nearly enough in our tables...sad, because it goes with so many colors. The bunnies are adorable. At first I thought the large one was a pitcher then realized there was no handle or spout!
    Have a great week, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Orange!! Such a bright fun Easter table. Your peanut butter cheese ball sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete