Fuji Japanese Steakhouse

For a recent birthday dinner celebration, we wanted someplace that was fun with a little bit of entertainment. 

Here's what we selected! A hot grill with a personal chef cooking right in front of your table.



The Fuji Japanese Steak House in Liberty, MO, was a perfect choice. A little fire brought lots of  oohs and aahs for each table. 



Although eating sushi has not been on my list of things I want to eat, I can at least say "I have eaten sushi." My SIL and his sister decided on the sushi to order, I had no clue what to try. 



The platter of sushi was displayed beautifully. 

TIP: You may eat sushi with your hands or with chopsticks, whatever is more comfortable.

Did you notice the pickled ginger and wasabi on the lower right corner of the platter. You can eat a little bit of it in between pieces to clear your palate. Eating gobs of it is considered bad form.




The Red Dragon Roll was a shrimp tempura roll topped with tuna.


Spicy Tuna Roll



Crunchy Sushi Roll was a lobster roll topped with shrimp, crab and tempura flakes.

Wow, and if the sushi wasn't enough to fill you: 

the grilled shrimp

the steak

the chicken

Plus fried rice and vegetables (didn't get a pic of the vegetables).


What a feast!!

There's the birthday girl (my daughter's MIL) enjoying the fried rice and enjoying the chef cooking the shrimp.

We all ate with chop sticks even the 5 year old. That's my SIL, oldest grandson and my SIL's sister. 
I only had my iPhone to take the pictures but they turned out ok. We had such a fun evening at the Fuji Japanese Steak House - Judy!

Linking to:

On The Menu Monday at StoneGable

Met Monday at BNOTP

Marvelous Monday at This Gal Cooks

Wow UsWednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 
Let's Dish  at Cuisine Kathleen on Wednesday
Centerpiece Wednesday at the Style Sisters
DIY by Design for Swing Into Spring
Ivy and Elephants for What Is It Wednesday

Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Tasty Thursday at The Mandatory Mooch

Thursday’s Treasures at Food Done Light



Foody Friday at Rattlebridge Farm

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper



6 comments:

  1. Judy, I tried sushi and sashimi about 25 years ago in Burlingame,CA...vinegared rice and raw fish just isn't my thing, although I am a huge seafood lover. I applaud anyone that does enjoy it. I would accept the invitation, just to be with people I cared about, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a Japanese steak house in ages, but seeing your post reminds me how much I enjoy the experience. Watching those flashing hands is always so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some sushi! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. The hibachi table is always a wonderful place for a birthday party, thank you for including us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! The foods look amazing and the family seems to be enjoying it. Wish I had been there, too!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, how fun! I have eaten sushi a few times. It is so pretty. Really an art form don't you agree? The shrimp had me drooling. It all looks so tasty. What a delightful way to celebrate a birthday. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete