Victorian Italianate House Tour - Part 2

I am going to continue the house tour of a beautiful Victorian Italianate house I started recently. The tour originally began early this summer when I gave you  a garden tour of Ira Shuemaker's garden in Cairo, Illinois, then continued with a tour of part of the inside of the house (Part 1) and now I am going to complete the tour with a showing of the library and dining room (Part 2). So sit back and enjoy.

We'll walk along the sidewalk and up the front steps and enter the foyer. Get ready to be wowed!

Now that we are inside, this time we will turn to the left and enter the front parlor now the  library. This room is a vibrant color of blue. Sitting on the mantel is another piece of Old Paris china that you saw in Part 1 of the tour.


The print over the fireplace is an Audubon elephant folio print of warblers and possibly an original.

Look up a little and see the chandelier in this room. All the chandeliers in the house were redesigned by Ira and Chris Morgan by adding crystal prisms and crystal beads. All the ceilings and cornices in the house had fallen when Ira purchased the home so you can image the renovation put into the house.

To the right of the fireplace, I bet you noticed the table and mirror with more pieces of Old Paris china.

On the opposite side of the library stands the china hutch with most of the Old Paris collection of china. Note the scone with candles and sparkling crystals also redesigned by Ira and Chris.

Let's turn to the left and look to the back parlor which is now their dining room. The walls are painted yellow. You can't help but notice the gorgeous chandelier also redesigned by Ira and Chris.

To the right of the dining room table is another gorgeous fireplace with additional pieces of Old Paris and a grand crystal candelabras with crystal droplets.


To the left of the dining room table sits a table with matching crystal candelabras with crystal droplets adding by Ira and Chris, a tea set and beautiful oil painting.

I love the reflection of the chandelier in the mirror in this image.

Before Ira retired and returned to his hometown of Cairo, he was a professor at North Texas State in the Interior and Design Department, so now you understand his love for the design and renovation of his home.

I hoped you have enjoyed Part 2 of this house tour. Do you have a favorite room, detail or item in the house, if so, leave a message and let me know? Thanks for joining me on the tour - Judy

If you missed the prior tours, here are the links: Part 1 and the Garden Tour.

Note - Ira's niece, Loarna is my good friend that I have know since we were young girls on a swim team together. So it's through Loarna that I have gotten to know Ira and able to tour his fabulous home. Thanks Loarna and Ira!!

Linking to:

Susan at BetweenNaps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage 
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill 
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Meet Me Monday at You're Talking Too Much 

Marvelous Mondays
 at Jam's Corner

Debbiedoo's
A Delightsome Life: A Return to Loveliness

Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe With an E

Wow Us Wednesdays
 at Savvy Southern Style 

DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer
Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
White Wednesday at Faded Charm

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here on Thursday
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine’s Corner
Kristen’s Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Stuff and Nonsense for Friday's Unfolded
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home

Natasha in OZ for Say G'day Saturday
Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter
Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different, Act Normal
Saturday 7 at Positively Splendid
Simply Klassic Home for Simply Klassic Sunday
Overflowing With Creativity at It's Overflowing 
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper

28 comments:

  1. I love the crystal chandeliers! Thanks for continuing the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, Judy!

    What an amazing post tour- omg that house is AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Judy! My favorite things are the chandeliers and fireplaces...oh, all of it! Really, though, my FAVORITE part is the garden; I just looked at your post! I was amazed to see how those baby trees flanking the front porch and the evergreen on the corner (in the pictures I sent) had grown!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wall treatments are so unique and was wondering whether they are papered or some type of specialized paint? It's a lovely home. Very special and a treat to tour. Thanks for showing it and for stopping by. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear Judy, this is a treat you give us..EYE CANDY FOR SURE!! I love everything in this stunning house, every piece of the elements of embelishments they've used, to the beautiful furniture pieces as well. Thank you for your lovely and kind comments honey and have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so fortunate to be able to tour this lovely home. Love, love, love all of the crystal lighting.

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour, Judy. What a beautiful home! I really enjoyed that...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mantle is exquisite. All the furnishings are so elegant. Lovely tour. Thank you for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness this home is gorgeous, the furniture is amazing and the colors fantastic. Beautifully accessorized - the chandeliers are dreamy! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been enjoying the tours of this beautiful house. A treat to see. Thank you for sharing this!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning home!!! Love those chandeliers...they are so gorgeous! Thank you for taking us along on the tour :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous features this house has, Judy! I would be loving all those chandy's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exquisite home! The colors are amazing. The chandeliers...oh, everything. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Just beautiful. So glad you shared it with my party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy, this tour is lovely. The house has great bones and it shines like a jewel box. So happy you shared this wonderful treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. More beautiful things. I've enjoyed this house tour. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing another beautiful home at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pięknie, mogłabym tam zamieszkać:)))
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seriously, Judy....if we just work together on this thing, work out a plan...we can take this house over!!! I don't mind sharing! Gosh, the details in it are so perfect! I would feel like an absolute queen living here! The chandeliers and sconces are all so pretty, and the fireplaces...oh, the fireplaces!!! The covering on the opening of that first one is just spectacular!!! Let's schedule a planning meeting soon so that we can stage a coup sometime within the next month! I'd like to be moved in and get started decorating for Christmas by October! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing this amazing home Judy. Italianate is one of my favorite architectural styles.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Judy: I know I have already left a comment on your 'peas, please,post, so I come down to the house tour. I found that I had missed all three of your posts about this mansion so I'm happy to finally see them. What a grand place and so beautiful and so well done. When you see a transformation like this, it kind of makes me feel silly about my little Cottage, but I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your kind comments to me about the kitchen. We are finally able to enjoy it..Happy Sunday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunning home! Thanks so much for sharing it with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty!! I look forward to seeing you at MDC. I would like to invite ou to enter my 50 dollar giftcard giveaway to the store HomeGoods. The card can also be used at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Still Amazing! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Still Amazing! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for joining me at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG! I'm in shock. I went to the University of North Texas (formerly North Texas State University) and Ira Shuemaker was one of my teachers! I received a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Interior Design and was hired by an architectural firm right out of college, due in large part to this excellent college professor. Because Mr. Shuemaker (I certainly never called him "Ira") pushed us students to do the best work we were capable of, we all had excellent and impressive portfolios upon graduation, which made it easy for us to get good jobs. I've always felt very grateful for having Mr. Shuemaker in my life.

    As far as his house goes, it's simply gorgeous. I remember that Mr. Shuemaker would tell us about the house he owned up in Illinois and how he was renovating it. You can imagine how excited I was when I ran across your blog and saw the house that I had known about for so long. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post with us, and tell Mr. Shuemaker I said, "Hello!"

    ReplyDelete