Pink and Silver Mantel for Valentine's Day


My Valentine mantel gets my full attention today. I have one tablescape done, a couple of vignettes done, and now I wanted to devote my time to concentrating my mantel. Pink and silver are the colors I want to emphasize on it.

Wish I had read Susan at BTOP's blog post before I took my first 45 pictures but did not. Her post was 9 Tips for Better Blog Pictures and after I read the post, I decided to retake my pictures and follow her suggestions in #3 Never Use the Build-In Flash on Your Camera, #6 Go For A Surprise View and #7 Use the Cheater Bar.




I am fortunate that I have a lot of natural light in my living room with full length windows across the room so lighting isn't a big issue for me.


My walls are very light so I new working with pink could be a problem. The large wreath on the wall has several pastel colors of flowers so I thought it would work with my pink and silver colors.


I used the small wreath behind the silver candlesticks simply to give it a little more color and keep the silver and pink from fading into the wall.






In Susan's tip #7 Use The Cheater Bar, she suggested setting your camera on manual and using the cheater bar so I switched my camera setting to manual then moved the camera around so that the cheater bar was balanced in the middle. WA la, I think my pictures do look much better and lots more detail in them.

Thanks Susan for your camera tips just in time for my Valentine's Day Mantel.


Thanks for stopping by to see my pink and silver Valentine's Day mantel - Judy.

Linked to:
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Three Mango Seeds for Do It Ya Self Monday
Your Talking Too Much for Meet Me Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday’s Treasures
Your're Talking Too Much for Meet Me Monday
Debbie at Debbiedoo's Newbie Party
Judy at DIY by Design for Winter Blues Wednesday
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What’s It Wednesday
Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Michele at at Michele Raven Designs for Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
D at The Shady Porch for Rock N Share 
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
It's Overflowing
Twin Dragonfly Designs
Gina at the Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Party Thursdays
Kristen at Kristin's Creations for Share Your Creations on Thursday
Liz at The Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday
A Delightful Life for A Return to Loveliness on Thursday
DaNita at Delightful Order for Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Bargain Hunting with Laurie
Counting Your Blessings
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful,love the pink and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done here. Lovely! I didn't even think of the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks so pretty! I love the pink & silver. Your pictures turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, what a stunning mantel! I love the pink and silver!! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I'm enjoying pink this Valentine's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:58 PM

    It looks very pretty and your pictures are very good. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mrs. JB,

    You rocks when it comes to decos. I absolutely love the colour combo.

    Perfect for Heart's day.

    TY for sharing.

    Greetings from freezing Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy,
    This is gorgeous! I've a pink, white and silver idea running around my head for a Valentine's Day tablescape. Your mantle just provided the inspiration I've been needing to pull some things together! Thank you for sharing your talents!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    This post is Gorgeous !!! The colors pink and white with silver are Beautiful together!!
    I love coming over to see you sweet lady.
    I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Valentine's Day Tablescape so sweet of you.
    I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous! The pink and silver are so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pink and silver! The mantle looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at WIW. Can't wait to see what you share next week!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see people embrace a holiday in their decorating. So festive. Thanks for linking up to BeColorful's Motivated Monday.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantel is splendid! Of course, everything you do is! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty mantel, and I agree, the big wreath works beautifully and makes the other pretties stand out. Oh I love pretty silver and the pinks look great with it. Thanks for linking. Happy Valentine's Day! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I'm SO IMPRESSED! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Judy,
    you did a great job with that mantle decoration. Love the pink and silver. Looks so springy.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete